Yamaha PC 1602 sound?

Hi guys,
has anyone heard this PA amp sound? it can be used in HIFI, it seems well done !!

downlo11.jpg

Yes I have thousands of hours of listening time on these Yamaha amps, they were very common when I first got into doing live sound and DJ stuff and I own an M85 which is the home audio version of the PC2602.. this guys big brother. I also have a rack of the current P- series amps, a P3500s, P5000s, and a pair of P7000s and these too produce outstanding sound quality.

How do they sound when pushed fairly hard?
At anything up to clipping levels they are some of the best sounding amplifiers available IMO, Yamaha has a long track record of producing amps that deliver clinically clean sound. Push the amp beyond it's limits and all bets are off although the Pro amps do have a very good soft clip circuit that in my experience is inaudible so occasionally flashing it isn't a problem.

This amp has a decent slew rate and acceptable damping factor, no distortion until pushed over @250 watts. It doesn't suffer from the glue issues that plague the Natural Sound M series. I'm using mine for the top ends of my antique TOA 380SDs, a Carver Cube 400 for the bottoms.Dust has been judiciously removed from the 1602 and it is amazing. It stuns friends with 20X investments. Someone recently sold a pristine pair of the TOAs for under $300 on Reverb; I wouldn't sell them for $3000. The Yamaha is just crystal clear on the highs. I want to take it to Norman's for recapping and any mods I can find. Anyone know a Yamaha site that discusses mods?