JBL 2380A 2" horns which 2" neo?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have used these years ago and have access to a pair of 2380s a friend is selling me cheap. I used 2445 drivers and at 30 lbs each they're quite heavy. Is there another alternative 2" neo drivers that I can use for a mid top, using 2 x 10" neo Faital Pro in the same cabinet with possibly a 2405 on top of the 2380. These will be used playback DJ gigs 2 way with passive JBL slots (3-way top). I will cross these 2380's 1200-9.0kHz. Thanks

Spoke to a sound engineer who is not active in live performance but does studio work off and on, he says he heard them years ago in a JBL cab with a different horn than 2380 and sounded harsh upper level. He says to cross it over at around 8-9kHz then 1" tweeter.

Why bother with the 2380? Even if you get them cheap, better stuff is available nowadays for just a marginally larger outlay... 1.4" horn driver combos will go higher and make an auxiliary supertweeter redundant, while still going low enough compared to the 2380

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.