Martin Audio ICT 500

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Anybody knows these? They are supposed to have two 10" full range drivers and two 10" drivers. 96 dB sensitivity and 700 W AES power capacity. There is a pair I could buy for ca 400 Eur. Is it worth it? The use would be sort of a "garden party PA" in my back yard. With some sort of bass bins below.

Based on the data sheet and this post, they have two 10" coaxial drivers on the front and two 10" woofers in a bandpass enclosure. The tweeters do not have separate voice coils. The speakers need an external equalizer to reach their specified frequency response (Martin Audio M2 system controller?). The manual lists a controller that complies to a standard dated to 1998 (EN60065:1998), which is updated in 2001, suggesting that the speakers are about 20 years old.

How do they sound? Do all drivers still work?

I'd day 400 euros is a bit expensive for an old pair of speakers without much information.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.