Connect PC to PA any other way besides headphone jack?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Headphone jack is broken on my PC, I’ve got a gig in a week. I need to connect the PA some other way, and I’m not entirely sure how. I’ve got almost every port possible on my PC. I’ve never had to explore other options before, and I’m not sure which way to go. My PA has a mixer. If anybody has any options please let me know, thanks!

If you were satisfied with the sound quality you were getting from your PC's headphone/line out jack into your PA mixer, then you'd probably be okay with any inexpensive USB sound card you can find. They are really cheap these days. Like this?

Amazon.com: Sabrent USB External Stereo Sound Adapter for Windows and Mac. Plug and Play No Drivers Needed. (AU-MMSA): Computers & Accessories

If you want something with line level RCA outputs and a separate headphone output, then maybe the Behringer UCA202 would work for you?

Amazon.com: Behringer U-Control UCA202 Ultra-Low Latency 2 In/2 Out USB Audio Interface with Digital Output: Musical Instruments

There are higher quality options for more money, of course, but these should work. Both are USB powered, no need for a separate power supply.
--

If You are DJinging I suggest a DJ console.
Those have outs and pre-listening on Headphones.
They usually come with limited versions of DJ Software also, if You don't need video or advanced functions.

If You hear the HDD spinning, use an ungrounded PSU or a cheater 3 to 2 plug

If You are DJinging I suggest a DJ console.
Those have outs and pre-listening on Headphones.
They usually come with limited versions of DJ Software also, if You don't need video or advanced functions.

If You hear the HDD spinning, use an ungrounded PSU or a cheater 3 to 2 plug

Could get away with just some DJ software, loads on ebay.
Most allow output to USB ports.

Behringer do a £30-ish mixer that has USB in.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.