Modern PA and Vocals.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
today there is more power, but at the cost of quality, higher thd is what you hear in that crow sound, nothing DSP can fix. Less good drivers are now used with high feedback amps. All the new drivers can do is HEAT , take heat and scream very loud. Old PA drivers could play very loud with very little power but quality.

If you have a good sound system at home you cannot listen to pop music anymore, the upper bass and deep bass sounds like a car sub for young ****** people. It is produced to sound ok on cellphones and cheap audio which has almost no bass under 200 hz....

Deep bass is also now a distorted mess to sound 'authoritative'.

To me this is not music, but pop junk, but the black eye peas were the first to record deep bass lines for subs (which sounds very good!!! YouTube), it was very clear. Nowadays, most pop songs have that deep bass too but it is a dirty boomy bass.

^^^^ALL TRUE ^^^^

You're kidding, right?

When's the last time a modern singer even sang live for real? It practically never happens.

The amount of deception, and the effort that goes into it, is STAGGERING. (I know this, as I'm a pro recording engineer who has to work on this crap, and I'm also a voice teacher so I can spot a fake faster than most.) They've (we've) gotten VERY good at it, sadly.

- but this is a discussion for another thread, and another forum......
(I was just venting. :eek:)

You're kidding, right?

When's the last time a modern singer even sang live for real? It practically never happens.

I got back from a gig 10 minutes ago. I was running sound, so I know exactly what processing was being applied.

The singing wasn't perfect, but the audience loved it and danced for most of the evening.

At large-scale gigs, sure, I know there's a lot of processing between "talent" and audience. That doesn't mean all live music follows suit.

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.