Dante and Powersoft T Series

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I didn't know that this amp wil provide 2 200W in 4 homs instead of 1 500W due to assymetric (assymetric = use only two channel from the 4 available ?).

Asymmetric = running other channels quieter, or with drivers that need less power.

For example, my 2x10"+HF speakers have 2x Faital 10FH520 and 1x 18Sound ND1460. I use a T604 to run both cabinets, bi-amped.

The 2x 10FH520 in parallel are about 4ohm, and will stand 1200w continuous, 2400w peak. The ND1460 is 8ohm, 100w continuous, 200w peak.
In that situation, the T604 will manage around 2200w into the 2x10"s on Ch1 and Ch3, and up to 550w for the HF drivers on Ch2&4. All drivers have ample power available.

When they rated the T604 for 1500w/ch, that was with all channels driven with the same signal and the same impedance. Their asymmetrical ratings (shown in the datasheet here: https://www.powersoft.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/powersoft_TSeries_DS_EN_WEB.pdf) are taken with Ch2&4 driven to -6dB.

When you use the T604 with different drivers on different channels, there is some ability for the amplifier to re-route power as it's needed. This is done automatically.

You can buy Powersoft amps for considerably cheaper than the numbers you've posted, but you will need to contact a dealer directly to do that. I use these guys: UK Professional AV & Musical Instrument Distributor - CUK Audio
They're based in the UK, but I expect they'll ship to you if you ask them to.

Chris

PS - A less-known feature of the T-series amps is that you can vary the output impedance for cabinets operating below 400Hz. That means you can run subs at the end of long cables and compensate for the loss of damping factor in the amp.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.