Discontinued RCF M59 (from EAW KF300, aftermarket?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, again!

So we move onto the HF units in these cabinets, which are RCF N482/YK
The diaphragms' part number is RCF M59 N481/N482/N681
EAW part number CD2540

I was wondering if anyone had any direct experience of the aftermarket versions of the above diaphragms please, and how they compare to the original? They are as used in various EAW cabinets, KF300, KF600...

Officially discontinued by RCF, I am wondering whether to upgrade the whole compression driver to a more modern unit, maybe a significant upgrade to BMS or suchlike, obviously a lot of work would be needed to ensure a close match - modifications to the crossovers / impedance compensation / padding networks, etc. as well as matching the driver's frequency response as closely as possible during selection of an upgrade. I'm capable of doing all that legwork, but if the aftermarket diaphragms are known to be fine, then I may just use them instead!

There must be a lot of people out there with these compression drivers in cabs, mainly I'm just wondering if anyone is using the aftermarket replacements and has not noticed any difference in sound quality, as that is very important for me / the rig...

Here's the aftermarket one (even, UK source cannot be found easily)

Replacement Diaphragm RCF M59 Titanium N481, N482, N681, EAW CD2540 DRIVER 8Ω 653753247484 | eBay

Thanks Jim :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.