Mid power domestic amp for pa speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That is what I am doing in my living room. I have 101 db 1w 1m Peavey SP2-XT on poles at one end of the room. I drive about 1.25 Vav base level@8ohms - so 1/6 watt base level. I have an amp that will peak out at 70 W/ch. 55 db peaks off LP's would be 10 W. 70 db peaks off CD's would be 40 W. So I have plenty of headroom for the cannon shot in 1812 Overture.
When I tried out the maximum power out of the diy amp (AX6) with a Rihanna track, I got 70 W for a second at a time on the bass notes. P=(V^2)/R

The Pyle PTA1000 is cheap...but through guitar and a bunch of dirt turned off all the processor modulation...I still hear something that sounds like modulation and especially lower stuff. sounds like a very slight upward chorus....almost ghost like.

Change the filters/over-filter hearing anything like that and dry....

what you speak of and many are the bare minimum on filtering and quality...and probably stuff wasn't specifically selected for audio like ESR and good Ripple Current.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.