Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Camco DX24 clipping
Camco DX24 clipping
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th January 2019, 11:24 AM   #1
Carlosraj is offline Carlosraj  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Camco DX24 clipping

Hi
I need some help in sorting out this problem with my CAMCO DX24 power amp. With the signal and speakers plugged into both channels, Channel 1 has no problem, even with the volume set to maximum. But channel 2 seem to clip with the volume set to just above half way. There seem to be no distortion in sound, but it just clips at random. Can someone assist as what could be the problem.

Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 02:00 AM   #2
Ian Finch is offline Ian Finch  Australia
diyAudio Member

Generally, clipping implies that there is distortion, as you would expect from a truncated (clipped) waveform. Do you mean to say that the volume level through channel 2 reduces randomly instead?
Old 10th January 2019, 04:57 AM   #3
conanski is offline conanski  Canada
diyAudio Member

Is the amp set to Bridge mode by mistake perhaps? If not there is probably something wrong with the amp, the speaker cables or the speakers.
Old 10th January 2019, 11:28 AM   #4
Carlosraj is offline Carlosraj  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conanski View Post
Is the amp set to Bridge mode by mistake perhaps? If not there is probably something wrong with the amp, the speaker cables or the speakers.

Thanks Ian and Conanski, the clipping was too short a period to recognise distortion. I opened up the amp and detected a diode connected to the emitter of the power transistor has shorted. I replaced it and now it works fine.

Thanks again

Camco DX24 clippingHide this!Advertise here!