Need LOUD system for "russebuss".

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys, my first thread on this forum. I need some advice on a loudspeaker system.

I will rock two f221 Funktion One subs and a couple of Martin audio loudspeakers in a "russebuss" (basically a big party buss).

I want the loudest and hardest banging speakers i can get (rent). Do you think the F221´s will do the job? Obviously i have heard them for my self but i am not sure. So many loudspeakers to chose from.

Would be super nice if someone could enlighten me!

Here is a video of the system i am looking at now (youtube link).
YouTube

The secret in the power output of loudspeakers is the SPL.
SPL is basically the sensitivity of the speaker.
If you compare an old school JBL 15" with a Faital 15", they may be the same power handling but the JBL may be 99Db/W at 1 Metre and the Faital could be 88.5Dbl/W at 1 Metre.
That means, at any given power, the measured output or air movement of the Faital is less than one fifth of the sound produced by the JBL as it is 10.5Dbl down on the JBL. (You get what you pay for).

If you are renting, go for Nexo as they, with controllers and Crown Amplifiers are hard to beat. (Pun intended). Yamaha are a close second but your pocket depth is the ruler.

Any reputable PA speaker manufacturer will have something that'll do the job.
I'd take a few top-end 2x18" ported cabs over the F1 221s.

Martin stuff will do just fine.

Are you sure you've got 20KW to play with? That's a big generator. Edit - and even if your generator is 20KVA, be careful about assuming it'll run a 20KW PA system.

Chris

Last edited:
For ideas you should take a hard good look at Brazilian Carnival "Trio Eletrico" sound trucks, loudest in the World by far:

Trio-Dragao.jpg

rg.jpg

650x375_trio-eletrico_1602348.jpg

Absolute worst case, you can park one of these at each corner of the party area:

Foto+da+caminh%C3%A3o+treme+treme+2.jpg

for more ideas:

trio eletrico - Google Search

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.