Speaker and horn wiring,help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If i wire a 8 ohm speaker parallel with an 8 ohm piezo horn, what is the total ohm,s output ?
The woofer dominates the impedance and power handling aspects of most speaker systems so yours can be considered 8ohms nominal. I would suggest using some kind of crossover with the piezo however, my experience indicates that they sound better that way and it's safer for the amp.

I would suggest using some kind of crossover with the piezo however, my experience indicates that they sound better that way and it's safer for the amp.
The crossover network for a piezo tweeter consists of a resistor in parallel with the tweeter and a capacitor in series with that combination.

A 4.7uF non polar capacitor and a wirewound resistor in the range 6 to 10 ohm will give a shallow low-end roll off below 5,000Hz.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.