40mm voice coil diaphragm, where to find?

Hello!

I´m looking for a replacement diaphragm with voice coil for my Russian LOMO 1A22 high frequency drivers. So far no luck, not even original piece.
So.. my idea was to find a modern driver with the same voice coil diameter, but again no luck. Can you recommend where I could find something for these drivers? The magnetic cap is exactly 39.9 - 40.1mm wide.

I have a few of these drivers with completely burnt coil and holes in diaphragms, these cannot be restored in any way.

Thanks!

The magnetic cap is exactly 39.9 - 40.1mm wide.
Do you mean polepiece is 39.9mm diameter and plate hole is 40.1mm, leaving a 0.1mm gap? :eek:
That´s an impossibly narrow gap.

I would expect around 1 mm in general purpose drivers and *maybe* 0.7mm or so in high quality ones.

Now if you mean the voice coil diameter, you´ll need to measure with higher precision, better than "between 39.1 and 40.1 mm"

I guess those Lomo drivers were used in Cinema systems in the Soviet era; if so there must still be hundreds or even thousands of them around ... in that case "somebody" bust be making replacements or at least repairing the old ones, even if on the kitchen table or a small shack, it´s a small but intreresting niche market.

FWIW my old custom voice coil supplier here in Argentina would clone *any* driver voice coil you needed, as long as he could justify making 50 or 100 of them, no doubt somebody in the old Soviet Union, or its former area of influence ... even Cuba .... , can do the same.

After all, there´s a reason you have Lomo drivers and not, say, Altec, JBL or Vitavox :)

You may order it here - ????? ?????????? ?? ???? — ??? "????????"® - info@diffusor.spb.ru - I already bought three pairs buring last five years. All of them made of silk but 25 Ohm mode has better gap fit; papper voice coil base is much better that capton one (upper frequence limit 10000 vs 6000 and good slope shape).

I use model with 25 Ohm paper-based coil in exponential 400 Hz wooden horn (with 600 Hz filter), but channel inside magnet system need to be fixed. I'll discribe it now with more details @ 1A22 topic.