Converting old Audio-Technica handheld wireless to XLR ouput

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I just got hold of a bunch of audio-technika AEW-T3300 (using a capsule based on the AT4033) and AEW-T4100 (I think dynamic)

I thought I'd try and repurpose the capsules, either by just making an XLR input, or perhaps moving the capsules to a new body.

Any sort of advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking for some good sounding preferably solid state preamp designs, and perhaps some good ideas regarding what mic bodys I could transplant the capsules into.

I've tried searching the net, but I have not managed to find any threads on a similar type of project, so anything to get me started would be great! I'm afraid I don't know anyone that would be likely to have the schematic

Last edited:
wouldn't I need some sort of circuit in-between? Would probably work for the dynamic, but it's the condenser I'm most interested in...

Dynamic mics often have a transformer in there, which helps the capsule drive long cables. Wiring straight to the XLR does happen sometimes, and will work fine for a test.

For the condenser capsule, you're going to need a power supply among other things. Time to look at circuit diagrams.
You could try emailing Audio Technica's support, too.

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.