Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Trouble with connecting multiple Amps - Help Needed
Trouble with connecting multiple Amps - Help Needed
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st October 2018, 05:07 PM   #1
VashtaNerada is offline VashtaNerada
diyAudio Member

Default Trouble with connecting multiple Amps - Help Needed

Hi guys. i'm new here and I need help with something, I really hope that someone knows how to solve my problem.

Can someone tell me how can I connect 3 amplifiers with each other but I want the music to come from a single source. The problem turned out when I bought 4 more speakers and one more amplifier with 4 Inputs and 4 Outputs. Before I had 2 amps for 4 speakers, and it was simple to connect them. I had a cable from my PC to one of the amps, and then use the other Line Ins of the Amp to connect the other amp. Now the third one, the one with the 4 inputs and outs is the problem.

The first and not so good one ( I know .... ) is this one Skytronic XXL PRO-480 alternativy - Heureka.cz
The second one is http://www.keystonemusic.ca/product/...wer-amplifier/
And the third and new one is Behringer Europower EPQ304 Power Amplifier | Sweetwater

So, to simplify I want to connect one input( source of music ) to one amp, and then connect the amps with each other. Is that possible?

Thanks upfront, maybe it sounds lame but i tried every combination, and tried also with a mixer from different outputs, but that doesn't seem right to me.
Old 22nd October 2018, 11:06 AM   #2
turk 182 is online now turk 182  Canada
diyAudio Member

are you encountering problems? such as one amp's input loading the others and reducing level?
perhaps ground loop troubles?
paralleling 3 amps shouldn't be much of an issue, and the Behringer amp has mode switches to stack inputs.

Trouble with connecting multiple Amps - Help NeededHide this!Advertise here!