25 Volt Line Transformers.... Any Other Uses?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
Just acquired a pair of PA speakers (for use in a particular project) and I have no need of the 25 volt line transformers that they came "piggy-backed" with..

Since they are inductors, I'm wondering if they could be used in some other application?
I have no idea the specs of them, so I can't come to any conclusion at all.

Inductor in speaker crossovers (in some configuration)?
PS choke in some application?
Something else I haven't thought of?

TIA!
Greg

Hi Tony and thanks for the reply!

Overall size is smallish.... was "piggybacked" onto an 8 inch heppner alnico speaker driver..
About the size of a choke in some tube amps....

As to wattage, I've no way of telling... a google search of the part number garnered similar units rated at 4 watts... No other specs on them came up.
It does say 25 volt line on it.

Single.. secondary thin gauge enameled leads...

5 primary. leads including Common..
Others labled: 5w, 2w, 1w, .5w

Only other labeling says: 8 Ohms and the "part number" 20-93322

'Fraid that's all I know.....

Last edited:
you can use ohm's law to calculate primary impedance in ohms, knowing it feeds off a 25 volt source...i.e. 5 watt/25 volt is 1000 ohm primary to 8 ohm secondary...
maybe good to use in a parafeed circuit, since most likely that is not gapped so can't use in circuits where dc current is running...

Says:
As to wattage, I've no way of telling... a google search of the part number garnered similar units rated at 4 watts... No other specs on them came up.
Then writes:
It does say 25 volt line on it.

5 primary. leads including Common..
Others labled: 5w, 2w, 1w, .5w

Only other labeling says: 8 Ohms and the "part number" 20-93322

'Fraid that's all I know.....
And what else would you want to know ???? :eek:
You already know power, primary voltage, primary and secondary impedance :rolleyes:

As of :
I have no need of the 25 volt line transformers that they came "piggy-backed" with..

Since they are inductors, I'm wondering if they could be used in some other application?
I have no idea the specs of them, so I can't come to any conclusion at all.

Inductor in speaker crossovers (in some configuration)? No
PS choke in some application? No
Something else I haven't thought of?
Well, you don´t need to build anything "just not to leave them unused"

Your main focus was getting a couple vintage alnico speakers and you got them, you can leave those transformers aside, in a junkbox or something, you *might* use them some day, or plain junk them in the corner bin, which is not a bad choice.

Advice I should follow myself, many of us Techs become pack rats because "lots of stuff might be useful or needed some day" and turn shop (or home :eek:) into a junkyard :(

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.