A horn for Beyma 6mi 90

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

We have Beyma 6mi 90 drivers, they are a part from 3 way speakers - 4x12" Community drivers playing from 100hz-500hz, then beyma 500hz - 3,5khz, then P audio bullet tweeter.

I would like to raise the sensitivity of Beyma 6,5" driver, but I simulated it in hornresp and the result was that it starts to fall down at 500hz allready, I dont remember exactly but at 800 or so it was allready back to 98db.

How to do this correctly?
Thank you
A

Playing with throat area could help. A phase plug might be necessary to reach 3.5 kHz. Also minimize throat chamber volume.

Some experiments on phase plugs: Phase Plugs
.. and on throat area: Twin8 Midhorn
Twin8 Midhorn link said:
Normal horn wisdom would suggest a smaller throat area for increased HF output, however I found a number of other factors come into play. One of these would appear to be cancellations caused by differences in path length from various points of the speaker cone to the horn throat, and seem to come into play significantly when the horn throat starts to get smaller than cone diameter. Shown below are measured results for three different throat areas (Sd of Beta8 is 214cm^2).

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.