should I build this one?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
front loaded 1segment horn, for 150hz 1000hz use.

loaded with b&c 12mh32 (i will use 4 of them).

Its my very first horn building so id like to understand howto not waste time,
these are the sims result:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Maybe you could try to smooth out the ripples and get some higher efficiency. 95 dB at the upper end of the pass band is low for a front loaded horn, it's even lower than this woofer without a horn.

What coverage angle do you aim for?

Last edited:
It doesn't look like your simulation is accurately describing your design. You should use the air volume inside the 12" cone plus the air volume within the 2 baffle rings combined, as your Vtc.

Secondly, take in account (or better simulate) the increase in SPL, due to the directivity of the horn, both on-axis as well as off-axis.

Johan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.