HK Audio pulsar PL 112 FA PROBLEMS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks,

I've had serious problems with these tops for the two years I've used them, and I'd love some feedback from others that may have had similar issues.

They just don't seem to be able to handle the endurance of gigs with multiple dj's playing high energy dance music. One speaker has blown twice, and later after being repaired, developed a serious buzz at certain volumes and with certain bass frequencies. And now both tops have blown. Not sure what the problem is until I get them repaired.

I should add that despite using the same mixers, other gear, dj's and general approach to set-up, my friends cheap Behringer speakers have never blown.

The HK Pulsar range have now been discontinued. Can anyone shed some light on why this has occurred? And/or discuss problems they've had with these tops? Cheers.

All speakers are not created equal, I have seen this myself with a variety of powered speakers... some seem to be rather delicate while others can take all kinds of abuse. This does not appear to be directly tied to price either but in general you do get what you pay for and durability is one of those things that more money buys you.

DJ´s kill speakers.

Not joking.

Want reliability? ... then buy Pro level PA stuff , and it will last way more.

It will also cost 4X as much, but as a bonus will sound vbetter ... and if you are a working Pro, in the long run they will end up costing *less*.

Cheap DJ equipment is meant for *occassional* duty, maybe 1 or 2 gigs a Month, and not in very large places (think indoors home parties and such).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.