Samson SX 1200 repair

Hi

I have the right channel OK et left channel blown.

I changed most transistors (2SC5200 and KSA1943 were short circuited) and diodes on the wrong channel but I still have this problem. On the D101 anode I have 2.5v between diode and ground without input signal and 65 v or more with signal.

I measure this value on the correct channel and it's always 1.1V on D101 anode whatever the input signal level.

I don't understand what is the function of the Q127 and Q137 transistors. I changed them but I replaced the Q127 with a 2SC3200GR, not a BL so the Hfe is different. Do you think it could be the problem ?

Regards

Eric

Attachments

• Samson-SX1200-SX1800-pwr-sch - copie.pdf
    805.9 KB · Views: 415
Hi Craig

I found that many fuse resistors were burned so I replaced them with "regular" 2w resistor. The amplifier works fine since 15 seconds then all the power transistors burned (short circuited). I bought these on Ebay so perhaps they wre fakes.

Do you think I can replace fuse resistors with regular resistors because fuse resistors are generally wirewounded and so they have a self inductance value that could limit VHF self oscillation ?

Regards
Eric

Yes I have
I finally repair the amplifier and it works fine during 15 seconds then all output transistors burned once more time

I suppose it's a hf parasitic oscillation. I verified the Zobel network components and all looks ok. When I received the amplifier le 10 ohms/3W (R127) was open so I suppose it's a parasitic oscillation too.

How can I do to suppress this oscillation ?