Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

2x10 inch tops build
2x10 inch tops build
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th July 2018, 05:56 PM   #21
Cableaddict is offline Cableaddict
diyAudio Member

Thanks for that info.

It helps a little.

For your setup, how about putting the two tens next to each other, left-right, with the horn above them and in the center?

The only way to get better than that is to mimic Danley's "SH" series, with the tens feeding into a larger horn. I've been wondering if this is feasible for DIY.
-------------------

Slightly OT (sorry) but do you think I'd be OK with my idea of using a 12" coax, and a regular 12" immediately below it, with both 12's covering from 120Hz to about 1.2K?

Like you, I'm trying to get a little more low-mids throw from a "near field" point source box. The other way would be to build a 15" three-way, which has other advantages, but my way would e smaller, hence lighter.

2x10 inch tops buildHide this!Advertise here!