Need to make Audio Video PA System

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey All, I am completely naive in this line. I need help in very simple possible words. I am planning a AV system for office where I have Projector for presentation and speaker system with two wireless mic. What I am thing is to buy a good quality home theatre and attache it with Laptop/DVD/Projector probably with transmitter and receiver etc. I guess that might be cheapest way. PL advise what are the components I need to set up a good quality system. I have laptop and projector already. Thanks

Jasbir

Do You want Dolby 5.1. or just stereo ? If You just want stereo, connect the laptop to the speaker system. If You need surround, You will need an amp with decoding facilities, but ... the problem is where to hook up the mikes ... As You are using it for office, I would stick with a small mixer and connect it to the speaker system. There are also converter boxes for extracting audio from HDMI if You need.

PL advise what are the components I need to set up a good quality system.
What is your budget? A basic but good quality system is going to cost $1000 by the time you collect everything necessary. A HT receiver is the wrong piece of equipment to start with too, you want a powered PA speaker or 2 depending how big a room you want to cover and stands, a compact PA style mixer, a wirless mic system, and all the cables to connect it together.

I would be wary of using a surround sound system with a microphone, and try before you buy. To process stereo and make it surround can need samples that are hundreds of milliseconds long meaning that there will be a delay between the microphone and the speaker. This doesn’t matter for recorded material as the delay can be applied to the picture and the sound, but it makes live work very difficult as you would be taking or singing into a long delay

A Yamaha MG06 or Behriger Xenyx 802 mixer for mikes wil do the trick. Connect the mixer to the speakers. Connect Your lappy analog out to the mixer. You can also use some effects on the mixer to create echo for the mikes. Connect the HDMI cable to the projector and on the lappy select as default output device the internal analog soundcard or use a converter box to extract the audio from HDMI. Don't use VGA since it is outdated and has less quality.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.