Behringer inuke amp problem solved.

After 18 years challenging myself, learning from you and sharing nice projects I will leave this forum.
Also because being bullied and get physical threads without support of the moderators for the last 18 years.
See you all on the next forum.

R.I.P by mod.

Last edited:
Removing the safety system is not a great way to "fix" it! There could be an underlying problem in the amp that you don't know about, and this could lead to some kind of more serious failure with the safety system disabled.

Why don't you replace the parts in question and re-connect everything to see if it was a failing controller IC (for example)?

I know this is not the best solution. But behringer does not supply schematics for service and they already stated that the shutoff detection circuit has problems caused by bad diodes. I did this mod just between soundcheck and show. After the show i dumped the amp in the garbage.

I know this is not the best solution. But behringer does not supply schematics for service and they already stated that the shutoff detection circuit has problems caused by bad diodes. I did this mod just between soundcheck and show. After the show i dumped the amp in the garbage.

No problem, but by posting something like this you create info that others might try to use, but instead of doing the modification temporarily it is a "permanent" change and that reduces safety. Those kind of posts without any kind of warning about the risks involved, are discouraged by forum rules I think.

In the end the iNuke amp ended up right where it belongs.

Koifarm

cheers for the info I’m waiting for my new warfdale probamp to arrive so I can chuck my inuke in ten rubbish where it belongs .. I have one more house party that I really don’t want to cancel or give the job to a competitor , so I’m going to give your solution a go , just confirming that the pic with the drawing on it is labeled right and it’s the 2nd pin from the left I need to cut ? Cheers for you assistance it’s a lot more helpful than behringer have been . Never again will I buy one of their power amps

I’d rather starve for a month than buy another behringer

The schematic for the NU3000 can be found online. It is similar to the NU1000.

just confirming that the pic with the drawing on it is labeled right and it’s the 2nd pin from the left I need to cut ?
See attached image. It is a top view and is taken from the KA3525A data sheet.

Attachments

• 16-DIP.png
    16-DIP.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 1,125
Last edited:
Still working great. Every day in use.

So possibly it could be in the SMPS controller IC or the 555 timer??? I have 4 pcs Inuke 6000 that has the same issue... I have check almost all the components and seems to be fine...also I have replaced all Capxon capacitors to Nichicon capacitors but still no luck. There maybe a range of voltage that has to be reach before the smps controller will turn ON the smps.

Maybe some experienced tech guys with Behringer here or Behringer guys? please shed some light why this is happening... I don't think it's a batch of diode problem...

Last edited:
I've had a surprise here, I thought the Inuke were reliable amplifiers.
I planned to buy the Bheringer NX3000 DSP to power a pair of subwoofer indoors (just because I don't like the look of the Inuke and my whole system is black)
Will they have the same types of problems ? :eek:

I had one 1000DSP that died the 5th time it was switched on. Was exchanged/ repaired and since then has been used a thousand times, as it powers on automatically with the AVR and drives two in wall subs.

My second, a 3000DSP works for years now without any problems.

Beside from them being a very good amp / DSP combinations at lowest price level, they need no attention. If you use the DSP right, there is no noise from the speaker.

Any modern production has a percentage that fails. In most cases at a very early age, most often when switched on/off.
Years ago, the original, first production run of i-nukes had quite some problems with a lot of amps failing, but this has not repeated. Fails are not higher than with other brands. There is always, independent of price, a bad apple.
You have 3 years to test the Behringer amp, during this period they repair/exchange it for free. This is what I call fair play... much better warranty than many competitors.

I had one 1000DSP that died the 5th time it was switched on. Was exchanged/ repaired and since then has been used a thousand times, as it powers on automatically with the AVR and drives two in wall subs.

Beside from them being a very good amp / DSP combinations at lowest price level, they need no attention. If you use the DSP right, there is no noise from the speaker.

Any modern production has a percentage that fails. In most cases at a very early age, most often when switched on/off.
Years ago, the original, first production run of i-nukes had quite some problems with a lot of amps failing, but this has not repeated. Fails are not higher than with other brands. There is always, independent of price, a bad apple.
You have 3 years to test the Behringer amp, during this period they repair/exchange it for free. This is what I call fair play... much better warranty than many competitors.

Thanks for the detailed answer.
In general I agree with your analysis, but I have my doubts about the percentage of faults in the amplifiers with modern switched sources.
They seem to fail too much, just like the PSUs of the PCs!
And the aggravating factor for me is that importers are not usually too responsible, you have to find who replaces the equipment "without squealing" with a new one when it fails under warranty, and does not respond "you have to send it to Germany to the manufacturer, they repair it and they return it to Argentina "
If you have the bad luck of having bought one of these criminals, you are in trouble!

PD: There is no subsidiary Bheringer Argentina that is responsible for all imports. There are several importers, each with its "commercial" policy
You can see in our equivalent to E-Bay, Mercado Libre, "1000 units available"
Bheringer is the only brand that is being imported here from PA class D amplifiers .....

For its price its a total winner... but for reliability it's a total garbage...you need to bring some back up amplifiers during events, cause if it fails you are totally finished. You cannot trust this Behringer Inuke 6000 specially on PA use. I have 3 units down collecting dusts, all power supply problem. Sorry a bit harsh on them but I only share my experience on these amplifiers.

For its price its a total winner... but for reliability it's a total garbage...

But I imagine that everything depends on the use that one gives it.
If it is for PA, (for what it was designed) I see that it is garbage.
If it is for home use, it is not clear to me, the fan noisy, and above can fail?
Anyone have any in use for this last application?
PD: What you see as an accessible price, at the current value of the US dollar here, is about 3 recently updated minimum retirements .........:eek:

Last edited: