Behringer inuke amp problem solved.

I have inuke3000dsp for my home subwoofer for several years. I have changed the fan for a quiet one. No problem at all. Plays the hole day.

Attachments

• IMG_1015.jpg
    IMG_1015.jpg
    517 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:
But I imagine that everything depends on the use that one gives it.
If it is for PA, (for what it was designed) I see that it is garbage.
If it is for home use, it is not clear to me, the fan noisy, and above can fail?
Anyone have any in use for this last application?
PD: What you see as an accessible price, at the current value of the US dollar here, is about 3 recently updated minimum retirements .........:eek:

fan is not an issue to me... I mean fan noise is minimal.

Hello everybody, new to the forums, thanks for having me.
I have just done this fix to an otherwise redundant 6000dsp.
The unit had been returned 3 times within the warranty period, which has now expired.
It never got a satisfactory fix.
I realise that I have compromised a safety feature but as the unit is used only by me and in an outdoor environment I have gone with it. It works

Hello guys, I am chiming in with my own experience here:

I work sometimes with a small PA firm, in Romania, in a town where 35 000ppl live so we couldnt afford any better amps at the time. FIrst we have bought one Inuke nu 4-6000 just to see how it is, we could see it was built down to a price but it has good power in there, there is a dude somewhere on the internet i am not sure which forum where, but i have seen dummy load tests, the powersupply is a bit underpowered meaning if you have all the channels loaded it wont quite get to 6kw RMS more like 5.2 with a generated noise from 20 to 200hz i believe and 5.4kw over 1kh, we have Beyma 18pw1400 speakers, 2 in one cabinet, 4 ohm bridged we used these amps. After the first amp has proven itsself we bought another 2 and then later on another one, and let me tell you behringer did change quite a lot between these amps, we are talking here visible changes, components etc. We have used these amps since the day they came out and let me tell you, through all those people who bashed these amps we must be really lucky, we have been nothing but happy with these amps, we took it out in-15c and we took it out in 32C, and they ate dust, they ate RAIN, fog everything we threw at them they have been just working flawlessly. We had phonic XP 3000-5000 amps before we bought the nukes, and let me tell you we never took out those heavy H class bastards again. So finally we bought some labgruppen copy amps which have good damping factor and we did get a lot more of a dynamic sound from the subs, tho ever since that the nukes have been powering our line array system, flawlessly, we often miss a little off the line voltage, but hey these amps have been working on 200v no probs, keep in mind we have everything limited so no amp would clip. Overally we never had to return one of these amps, and they have been used a lot. I can recommend the inuke nu4-6000 for anyone who wants big bang for their buck. We really never had any problems with em. And for that price you get a 5kw amp that you chuck under your armpits and go do your thing. Believe me one of those Phonic amps is like 32kgs, we could only put two in a rack because four people would struggle to get the rack off the truck with 3 amps in it.

When shutoff the smps is shutoff and you need to power off and on the amp.
There is a IC KA3525A smps controller on board witch get a shutoff signal on pin 10 from a NE555. What i did is cut pin 10 from the KA3525A loose from the PCB. Now is the smps always on. After this the amp played the whole evening without shutoff.

All usual suspect Diodes and Transistors on my unit measured seemingly fine so I tried the "cut Pin 10"-Method. In fact I desoldere the pin from the backside and just bent it upwards so the deactivation is reversible.

What can I say: I seems to work.

Thanks for the hint, even if it probably connot be regards as a proper repair

Reliability: 7.5 of 10

I've been a home (e.g. light duty) user of 5 different NU series amps for several years. All were modded to have quiet fans. Out of 5 amps, I had one failure (a NU6000, out of warranty) and an intermittent drop out on one channel of a NU4-6000 (possibly dirty terminal). Overall these have been very reliable units and hard to beat the price point. It's a shame that Behringer gets so little love. You'd get the impression that stealing other company's designs and then having a knock-off mass-produced by cheap foreign labor was wrong or something :cool:

I've had a surprise here, I thought the Inuke were reliable amplifiers.
I planned to buy the Bheringer NX3000 DSP to power a pair of subwoofer indoors (just because I don't like the look of the Inuke and my whole system is black)
Will they have the same types of problems ? :eek:

Well here I am, I bought the NX3000D and I'm already sorry, and not just because of the loud fan noise .......
From the first time I turned it on I noticed strange behavior in the signal indicator LEDs.
Some never turn on! Check out the photos of Bheringer and my amp.
In my case, it only turns on the green light at the bottom and the red light at the top.
The intermediate lights do not act at any time, (- 6 Db green and - 3Db yellow) I have tried varying the input signal with different voltage sources, but it does not make any difference.

No matter where the knobs are located, only the lower green light will turn on, and without intermediate steps, the upper red limit light ...
I wrote to Bheringer for technical support and they replied that "this is normal". That simple ....:rolleyes:
So why are they on the amp ? :D
I have written again to ask for an explanation
more detailed and technical as possible. But while I wait for their response, I would like to know the opinions of the users of the NX series here.
What am I not understanding ? :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_20200818_193345.jpg
    IMG_20200818_193345.jpg
    688.1 KB · Views: 343
  • NX3000D_P0CHW_Front_XL.jpg
    NX3000D_P0CHW_Front_XL.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 366
I know this is not the best solution. But behringer does not supply schematics for service and they already stated that the shutoff detection circuit has problems caused by bad diodes. I did this mod just between soundcheck and show. After the show i dumped the amp in the garbage.

Its a bit sad an amplifier commonly develops bad diodes.
So its either cheap and nasty diodes or a design flaw.

Well here I am, I bought the NX3000D and I'm already sorry, and not just because of the loud fan noise .......
From the first time I turned it on I noticed strange behavior in the signal indicator LEDs.
Some never turn on! Check out the photos of Bheringer and my amp.
In my case, it only turns on the green light at the bottom and the red light at the top.
The intermediate lights do not act at any time, (- 6 Db green and - 3Db yellow) I have tried varying the input signal with different voltage sources, but it does not make any difference.

No matter where the knobs are located, only the lower green light will turn on, and without intermediate steps, the upper red limit light ...
I wrote to Bheringer for technical support and they replied that "this is normal". That simple ....:rolleyes:
So why are they on the amp ? :D
I have written again to ask for an explanation
more detailed and technical as possible. But while I wait for their response, I would like to know the opinions of the users of the NX series here.
What am I not understanding ? :eek:

they are protect level leds not signal.
Chanfe the protect level in setup.

Just wanted to thank Koifarm for this tip.

I have the inuke NU6000DSP in my home heather since 2016 with no problems, then suddenly got the red ring shutoff problem in October 2021. I could find neither a replacement NU nor the newer NX anywhere for sale except at ridiculous markups.

I cut the #10 pin and it works again. I think only the first channel works as somebody else mentioned, but that's the only one I need, and now I have time to find a replacement amp when availability and prices get back to normal.