|PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|6th April 2017, 03:24 AM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2017
Digital Audio Mixer Project
I am new here and new to digital audio. I am planning of building a digital audio mixer like the behringer air digital mixer. Like what I said, I am still new on digital audio and I am asking for some help of those who have knowledge.
Here are my requirements:
* at least 6 analog inputs and outputs
* 3band eq on each channels
*record each channel on usb or sd card
And on my research, I have come up for 3 options:
1. ADAU1701 - the easiest to program, you can add more channels by adding adc/dac. You can easily add eq, compressor, etc using the sigma studio software. The problem is I can't find any way to modify the parameters of each module via i2c using an external microcontroller. Is this possible? Or there is no way to do this? The GPIO for controls are so limited and some of the modules can't be controlled by using GPIO(ie, dynamics processing thresholds and curves.)
2. XMOS - I have zero knowledge regarding this option but I think this is the best option. THe problem is that the resources of knowledge(ie. example application, app note) is very limited.
3. STM32 processor - also has very limited application notes regarding audio applications.
The best and easiest option is the ADAU1701 if only there is way to modify parameters using a microcontroller. Basically the microcontroller is connected to the user interface and will be the one to communicate on the ADAU1701 for changing parameters like bass, treble, volume, etc. Your thoughts? Thanks!
|5th June 2017, 08:19 AM||#2|
Join Date: Apr 2004
I am interested
I can handle the microcontroller interface to the DSP. Let me know if you are still interested in the project.
|29th June 2018, 07:34 AM||#3|
Join Date: Apr 2017
I have tried to make a module on Sigma studio which looks like this:
I push the limits of the ADAU1701 to find out how many channels and features I can pack with this DSP and here's the features that I got before it rans out of memory:
10 input channels
- channels 1-6 have LPF, 3 band Parametric EQ, compressor
- Channels 7 and 8 have 3 band parametric EQ
- Channels 9 and 10 have 3 band EQ
4 Channel outputs
- 2 Main output with 10 band graphic equalizer
- 1 pre Aux output
- 1 post Aux output
All these features seems promising. I still don't have an evaluation board and I haven't done any prototypes yet as of the moment. I have limited budget and limited free time so it may take a while before this project comes to life.
Comments and Suggestions are welcome.
More info here: Digital Audio Mixer Project with ADAU1701 – tataylino.com
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Home made DSP / FPGA digital audio mixer||markaren1||Digital Line Level||10||12th November 2016 05:05 PM|
|DIY Analog-to-Digital Converter project.Audio measurements tool||Frex||Equipment & Tools||288||28th October 2016 04:48 AM|
|Home made DSP / FPGA digital audio mixer||markaren1||Analog Line Level||0||20th August 2013 04:37 AM|
|PORTABLE AUDIO MIXER - judge the project, check...||Steinberg||Chip Amps||7||13th December 2012 10:19 PM|
|Latest project USB controlled mixer with digital pots.||nigelwright7557||Solid State||0||7th October 2011 09:43 PM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|