Digital Audio Mixer Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone,
I am new here and new to digital audio. I am planning of building a digital audio mixer like the behringer air digital mixer. Like what I said, I am still new on digital audio and I am asking for some help of those who have knowledge.
Here are my requirements:
* at least 6 analog inputs and outputs
* 3band eq on each channels
* compressor
*record each channel on usb or sd card

And on my research, I have come up for 3 options:
1. ADAU1701 - the easiest to program, you can add more channels by adding adc/dac. You can easily add eq, compressor, etc using the sigma studio software. The problem is I can't find any way to modify the parameters of each module via i2c using an external microcontroller. Is this possible? Or there is no way to do this? The GPIO for controls are so limited and some of the modules can't be controlled by using GPIO(ie, dynamics processing thresholds and curves.)

2. XMOS - I have zero knowledge regarding this option but I think this is the best option. THe problem is that the resources of knowledge(ie. example application, app note) is very limited.

3. STM32 processor - also has very limited application notes regarding audio applications.

The best and easiest option is the ADAU1701 if only there is way to modify parameters using a microcontroller. Basically the microcontroller is connected to the user interface and will be the one to communicate on the ADAU1701 for changing parameters like bass, treble, volume, etc. Your thoughts? Thanks!

Update:
I have tried to make a module on Sigma studio which looks like this:
10-channel-1024x719.png

I push the limits of the ADAU1701 to find out how many channels and features I can pack with this DSP and here's the features that I got before it rans out of memory:

10 input channels
- channels 1-6 have LPF, 3 band Parametric EQ, compressor
- Channels 7 and 8 have 3 band parametric EQ
- Channels 9 and 10 have 3 band EQ
4 Channel outputs
- 2 Main output with 10 band graphic equalizer
- 1 pre Aux output
- 1 post Aux output

All these features seems promising. I still don't have an evaluation board and I haven't done any prototypes yet as of the moment. I have limited budget and limited free time so it may take a while before this project comes to life.

Comments and Suggestions are welcome. :)

More info here: Digital Audio Mixer Project with ADAU1701 – tataylino.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.