Bose L1 type PA build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A LR24 requires the woofer to be -6dB at the crossover point, so we should be OK with 250hz.

The 3FE25 will also be -6dB down at the crossover point with the LR24, they should like that.

I would play around with adding a touch of EQ and try a 300hz crossover if you like, it will probably work OK.

There is not a lot of added stress going from 300hz down to 250 hz in any event.

I may have to model your 24x line and see what it looks like.

Hi djk,
Trying to figure this out before I build.
I set up a model in WinISD using the PPSL and 18 x 3" Faital Pro 3FE25.
I would appreciate your expert eyes on this as I don't know if I have all the ducks in a row here.

I've attached the plots

I can see most of the points you mentioned above from the plots.

Did I model the no of drivers correctly here as I dont see a way to combine the drivers to get a 4 ohm nominal load. Looks like its the Re of one driver only from the impedance plot.
Is the correct way to connect up the drivers 6 parallel sets of 3 series (24ohm) drivers?
For the 360W input to the column what minimum amplifier would you specify?
From the model I can input much higher signals than 360W and still not reach xmax. The PPSL takes about 600W to reach xmax. Crossing at 300Hz the excursion is very small in the array. Is there an issue with crossing in this region vis a vis the vocal range?

Any help greatly appreciated
Ed

Attachments

• Transfer Function and drivers.png
    Transfer Function and drivers.png
    80.2 KB · Views: 87
  • SPL.png
    SPL.png
    67.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Phase.png
    Phase.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Impedance.png
    Impedance.png
    65.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Excursion.png
    Excursion.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Rear port velocity.png
    Rear port velocity.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 38
i don't know if the PPSL is becoming directional at 300 or if the phase response at that frequency would make for "easy" integration to the column. hopefully DJK can weigh in on that it's his design.
it would also depend what your using for a crossover.

turk182

I would intuitively think that the phase relationship between the two cabs should be as 'in phase' as possible in the crossover area.

The crossover point is 180 for the phase plot below. Does the plot tell anything good or bad about the design.

Thanks

Ed

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2017-03-16 12-22-34.png
    Screenshot from 2017-03-16 12-22-34.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 42
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.