Behringer Inuke NU1000 not powering on.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
NU1000DSP Blowing FET's in the Power Supply

Hello everyone,

I've read this whole topic with great interest. I note that others seem to been having the same problem as me. Both FET's keep blowing dead short across all pins in the power supply stage. Interesting thing is, I bought two of these units at the same time. Series numbers at 10 apart and both have 1107 date code.
A check of the PCB's shows identical revisions and I can see no obvious difference in the components from one to the other. Strange thing is, one of them has blow the FET's in the power supply 3 times and the other one has never failed. They are setup identical with speakers both in Bi-Amp mode.
The amp that keeps failing works ok for about 5 - 10 power on's and then fails at power up. Symptoms are that the front panel lights briefly (not sure if it's long enough for the DSP side to boot, but then fails with a fuse pop. Every time a quick check of the FETs in the power supply shows dead short across all pins. I replace the FETs and away she goes for another 5 to 10 on/off cycles.
Failure is the same every time.. always at power up and under no load. It's almost as if the Power supply fails to start properly and gets itself into some weird mode that kills the FET's. Why on earth does one amp die regularly, yet the other has never failed??
Anyway, I was hoping someone might be able to suggest what might be causing this, so I can fix it for good. Any suggestions?

Regards

James

iNuke NU1000

Well heres another dead NU1000. Does not power up, fuse ok but no lights at all. I can't see any obviously blown components, and it seems that from the previous posts we still do not have a schematic or a common identified problem. I'm beginning to think Behringer have built in time redundency to kill the amp after a pre-determined time.

Any thoughts or a schematic would be much appreciated.

A common problem is the rectifier diodes D28 and D29 shorting in the opamp power supply. Your problem has different symptoms though. The schematic of the NU3000 can be found on the internet. It is supposed to be similar.

'Audio Amplifier Servicing' on YouTube repairs amplifiers and mentions the fault and which components had to be replaced. He has also repaired some inukes YouTube

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.