Speakercraft BB50s, can I bridge it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Its not really a pa amp per say but, close enough. Anyone familiar with this amp? trying to use it as a mono amp to drive a single 8ohm sub. The manual mentions nothing of bridgeable or not but a few people that sell the amp claim it to be a bridgeable amp...

also, are these amps worth a crap for powering a sub, any real power? I've never even used the amp.

no one? I tried every which way to bridge it and it sounds odd most ways, goes into protection when pushed. I had it L+ to R+ and when I hook it up the gains are bypassed, amp runs as if gains are full maxed out. when i control it pre amp it plays fine but sounds odd. I didn't have it hooked up true mono on the rcas though, maybe thats the problem,

I see no bridging on it.To bridge a stereo amp you have to apply the same signal to both channels, BUT... one of the channels must be inverted in phase from the other. Opposite polarity of signals if you prefer.

If you apply a signal to both channels as it sits and take off from the + of each side, all you hear is the difference between the two channels, not a bridged signal. The reason it goes into protect is that the two channels wind up fighting one another.

As a 50 watt amplifier, it will not drive a large subwoofer. Might be fine for home stereo system.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.