Ultra mobile mid/high line array

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all.

Im currently planning a mid/high line array mounted on a bike for easy transport...

Its gonna be mounted on a bike like this:
longjohn.jpg

Collapsed - it would look like this:
cykel-sammenklappet_uk.jpg

Packed out, it would look like this:
cykel-udfoldet_uk.jpg

But I have a couple of questions for this:

I only want to build one - should i go stereo or mono ?
Im considering using 8 of theese SOVEREIGN 8-225 » Sovereign Series » Fane Speakers » Pro Audio Stashand 4/8 of theese Beyma Line Array Driver - Beyma WL3 Line Array 1" Driver - This wave guide Beyma WL3 1" line array high frequency compression driver. Beyma WL3 1.0" line array high frequency compression drivers are available here. Beyma line array drivers here. - what do you think of that combo ?
And then the cabinets - do you have any good ideas for them - im considering making something like this :
JFL210_Product_shot.jpg

Any suggestions/comments to this ???

Four meters is probably overkill, the stability not to mention complexity of that design going to make it a difficult project.
I think the main issue with any mobile system is going to be power, you would be better off investing $ in a strong lithium battery/chip amps and focus on the subs rather than expensive tweeters for outdoors.

That cargo bike looks like it could hold a nice big chunk of sonotube! loaded with a pair of 18"s like these Faital Pro 18FH500 Speakers - Faital Pro 18FH500 bass guitar speaker and subwoofer 18" speaker that has a lightweight neodymium magnet - Faital Pro 18FH500 1,200 watt 18" high efficiency of 99dB SPL woofer for all high power bass applications. Faital and a pair of these on 40+volts 1x600W TAS5630 Class-D Amplifier Board 320-311 I think you will turn some heads and it would weigh a fraction of what any other bass rig will.

For tops some lightweight disposable plastic speakers on poles would do the job. More people, add more tops.

If you are just transporting a array system I would use "real" speaker stands or a truss system so it won't fall on someones head.

Last edited:
That's a lot of weight to be pushing up in the air. Look for a driver with a neo magnet and a composite frame. Make the cabinet from something light and stiff, maybe plastic pipe, curved 1/4" plywood, or Sonotube. For the subwoofer, consider a tapped horn, or a bandpass that's tuned to suit a kick drum. Higher efficiency means you can get away with lower power handling and a smaller amp. Again, use curved enclosure walls for maximum stiffness with minimum weight.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.