Midbin design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been gradually upgrading my ancient PA system to take advantage of modern high powered lightweight amps (QSC PLX).
Gone are the old Keele W bins, replaced with LabSubs (what an ear opener that was), and going are the 2440s on radials + rings, to be replaced with 2435 nd/be (less hernias getting them up the stacks). That leaves the midbins - currently 4 Clair type Roybins each loaded with 2*E120s. These are loud and efficient
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

but awfully heavy and lowish power handling by todays standards so I have the option of either simply replacing the 120s with Eminence Deltalite 2512s (I have 8 of these set aside for such a job) or finding a different cabinet design for the deltalites. I quite like the idea of some sort of 1*4 high column horn loaded. It only has to handle 150hz to 1.5khz so minimising the cubic volume is desirable, and about 40(V) * no more than 90(H) dispersion would be good. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I've looked at the Fitzmaurice designs, but ending up with 8 * 600cubed boxes would go far beyond my van capacity.
M

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.