Pure Evoke Flow Internet Radio

Last stock available

I have a shipment of displays arriving this week, unless some are found at the back of a stock room or are conjured up by a Magician there will be no more.

My supplier in China (one of the very few actually advertising them) has no more stock and I have contacted a number of other suppliers in China but no one has any to sell.

The stock arriving will mainly be white text on black (used on the F4 model) and hopefully a small number of yellow.
There will also be some green text on white. I'll put some pics up on ajsdyno.com/pure when they arrive.

They will be made available for purchase on my website as soon as I have tested them. I will also put some on eBay.

As always I am happy to post anywhere in the world but if you buy through my website it will be much cheaper than eBay as eBay's Global Shipping Program can be quite expensive.

More in stock

I have some displays in stock and available at ajsdyno.com/pure.

The displays are white text on black background but otherwise the same as Pure Evoke Flow/Avanti Flow.

There are also a small number of White on Mirror background and Yellow on Mirror background. These are only available on eBay.

My supplier in China maintains that he can't get any more so when my stock has run out there will be no more.

NOTE - If you are looking for a Pure MARSHALL display you are in luck as there are still plenty in stock.

Avanti Flow - OLED replacement instructions

Can anyone please provide step by step instructions on how to replace the screen on this specific model? I have printed out what I thought were the instructions, but these were for the Evoke Flow. I have bought a new screen via EBay.
I have taken the back off (8 screws), but there is no obvious access to the front screen that way. I'm guessing the grill has to come off to gain access, but I'm worried to do this correctly without damaging the cosmetics!
The Avanti still plays beautifully and I love the sound quality, so very reluctant to replace it with something similar...
I would deeply appreciate guidance!

Can anyone please provide step by step instructions on how to replace the screen on this specific model? I have printed out what I thought were the instructions, but these were for the Evoke Flow. I have bought a new screen via EBay.
I have taken the back off (8 screws), but there is no obvious access to the front screen that way. I'm guessing the grill has to come off to gain access, but I'm worried to do this correctly without damaging the cosmetics!
The Avanti still plays beautifully and I love the sound quality, so very reluctant to replace it with something similar...
I would deeply appreciate guidance!

Did you get the instructions??

There are some tips at ajsdyno.com:- Fitting info

Credit to the people from these forums who contributed.

Hi I have the replacement module for my Avanti Flow but unfortunately have been unable to follow the available instructions as I am unable even to get the front off which is the first step. I have tried but all I am able to achieve is to slightly damage the plastic casing.

Anyone got any ideas as i miss the avanti

rholmes

Hey AJSDyno!
Yes, I did get the instructions and read down the page. Many, many thanks. I can tell you that with their help, I was able to successfully swap the screen and reassemble! It also works perfectly!
That's not to say it was easy, in fact it was fiddly and took three reassembly attempts before satisfaction.

Rholmes, the metal grilles simply pull off, but they do not have a frame, so fingers will work if you pull on the shortest edge to slightly bend it and then it should come off. The same is true for the sub grill.
There are 4 screws in the sub frame, 4 screws in the sub speaker.
Pull the connectors off the sub and set the speaker aside. Pull the wadding out and place on one side.
There is one cable clip holding the main loom to the frame this needs to be undone too.
The front face has 8 screws.

Ease the front out - use a finger to assist from the sub hole.

Before you unclip any connectors, take photos, mark or number each socket and plug. The ribbon connectors seem to fit only in one place, but you will need double jointed, long and skinny fingers to get them back again.
Undo the 4 screws for the top PCB. There are three ribbon connectors to this, 2 visible to the edge and another 'little devil' underneath. This has a permanent connector to the rear of the chassis and I found it best to tuck it out of the way. On my Avanti, an earth wire is connected under one of these silver screws.
The next PCB has 4 black screws, undo these and disconnect cables. Remove PCB.

The final PCB holds the screen and this has either 2 or 4 screws. Remove and discard the old screen and replace it with your new one.

Reassemble by retracing these steps. My reference to double jointed slender fingers comes in here! The 'little devil' ribbon between the top and middle PCBs caused me a couple of walk-away and have a cuppa moments.

On a positive note, if I can do it, anyone can!

That didn't last very long....

Hi - you've done a great job keeping us all going in replacement displays - thanks! The one I fitted 12 months ago is failing and already almost impossible to read. Do you have any stock left?

I have some displays in stock and available at ajsdyno.com/pure.

The displays are white text on black background but otherwise the same as Pure Evoke Flow/Avanti Flow.

There are also a small number of White on Mirror background and Yellow on Mirror background. These are only available on eBay.

My supplier in China maintains that he can't get any more so when my stock has run out there will be no more.

NOTE - If you are looking for a Pure MARSHALL display you are in luck as there are still plenty in stock.

Hi - you've done a great job keeping us all going in replacement displays - thanks! The one I fitted 12 months ago is failing and already almost impossible to read. Do you have any stock left?

Hi, Unfortunately I don't have any more displays now.

However, you can now get them direct from the supplier in China as he is geared up for selling them one at a time. He will send them anywhere in the world and the cost is around 20usd + any local duties.

Contact is Jack Wan and he can be contacted on Alibaba:-

2.7 22 Pin Yellow White 3003319301002 Pure Evoke Flow F4 Evoke Oasis Flow 9919301000 Ritdisplay 3121193010-03 Radio Oled Display - Buy Rgs27128064yw000,Avanti Flow,P19301 Product on Alibaba.com

Lots of people are getting them direct from Jack so this means there is no real need for me to sell them anymore.

All the best - AJSDyno

My first foray into Alibaba territory

Thanks for the advice - I've ordered two and will give it a go... :eek:

Hi, Unfortunately I don't have any more displays now.

However, you can now get them direct from the supplier in China as he is geared up for selling them one at a time. He will send them anywhere in the world and the cost is around 20usd + any local duties.

Contact is Jack Wan and he can be contacted on Alibaba:-

2.7 22 Pin Yellow White 3003319301002 Pure Evoke Flow F4 Evoke Oasis Flow 9919301000 Ritdisplay 3121193010-03 Radio Oled Display - Buy Rgs27128064yw000,Avanti Flow,P19301 Product on Alibaba.com

Lots of people are getting them direct from Jack so this means there is no real need for me to sell them anymore.

All the best - AJSDyno

Fixed...but

Thanks for this thread which provided me with the information needed to do replace my display.

I had not used my Evoke Flow for some time because the display had faded to the point that it was unreadable , even in pitch dark.

Having got the display working again, I've lost the Internet Radio capability. Similarly, it will not search for software (firmware?) updates (it is currently on V 5.0) . It found my router and can see the media servers on my home network, but the Internet facilities are not available. I assume that its related to the withdrawal of the Pure Connect Service. Is this something that has afflicted all Evoke Flows, and if so is there a work-around to get the Internet Radio back?

I appreciate that this is somewhat off-topic, but if the readers of this thread can't help, then I guess that no-one will.

Thanks
Jeremy

Replacement OLED display dim after less than a year

I replaced a Pure Evoke Flow display module in January this year, and all was good. At the time, I set the 7s timeout for when the radio is off.

Now the display is dim again on brightness 10, which seems strange. Does anyone know why a new module might be getting dim relatively quickly?

Justin

fixed!

I had a similar problem, as a deadline had passed to maintain compatibility. Downloading v5.1 and installing via USB fixed it for me.

Found the download on the pure website - a windows executable which then gives you an interactive step by step step set of instructions for flashing the radio. It's as close to a fool proof process as its possible to have, and it worked perfectly. It even recovered the folders and stations I had stored previously. So now I'm happy. :) Thanks justink.

I replaced a Pure Evoke Flow display module in January this year, and all was good. At the time, I set the 7s timeout for when the radio is off.

Now the display is dim again on brightness 10, which seems strange. Does anyone know why a new module might be getting dim relatively quickly?

Justin

That is far less than the expect ed lifespan of an OLED display; even one that was designed in 2008 or so.

I work with electronics. The processes we follow seem paranoid about Electrostatic Damage. You would expect that if the circuit board was zapped it would fail immediately but apparently it is possible for ESD to result in a gradual failure over time. So I wonder if your display was damaged in that way, either when you fitted it, or before then.

The replacement I bought did not have the conductive adhesive copper covering that the original had, and I wonder if that was to provide some kind of additional protection.

After many efforts i found a supplier in china which has parts available, is anyone still interested? i ordered 5 with the intent to use two for my radio (keeping one as spare), i could have 3 for sell.
price is a little bit expensive, about 20€ but less than Pure support.
Let me know, without commitment.
Hi. Did you manage to purchase these? and more to the point do you have any left?

regards

David