New Idea For Reflective Projector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I can't believe this went on for 14 pages...

Ok try this,

A: If 10 rays of white light come from the halogens...

B: And 10 rays of coloured light come from the lcd...

What will land on the screen?

You can use patented mirror designs even if there not produced yet, also, invent your own magic mirrors to somehow create extra light that wouldn't ordinarily exist.

Also, if you were to discover a new material; we shall call it jakeium, that enables you to make said mirror, your design would still fail because the lcd isn't focused...

So unless we have misunderstood the original design, its game over.

I only got about half way through this thread but that was enough.

I don't think this will work, here is why. The image from the LCD would reflect to the right and the light source would reflect up, in your diagram. If you did get the 2 to combine you wouldn't get any black level. LCD panels have enough trouble getting a good black when you pass the light through the panel. With your diagram nothing would be stopping the light source you would just be adding the light form the panel to it.

All that said I agree with LaserLine, what have you got to lose. After all it might just work.

um...duh

benofxtown said:
I can't believe this went on for 14 pages...

Ok try this,

A: If 10 rays of white light come from the halogens...

B: And 10 rays of coloured light come from the lcd...

What will land on the screen?

Hallelujah!

Basically, we want to modulate light. Basically, this is like an amplifier.

Adding white light (that isn't modulated/changed/actively filtered) is going to result in a brighter "image" but it will be the same as opening the curtains in the room, or turning on an overhead light.

White light passing thru colored light isn't going to become bright colored light. Not in this universe.

A parallel: Take a quiet radio and a source of white noise and play them both. You don't get loud music.

A closer parallel: take a bright light and shine it on your TV screen. See? Brighter! No picture anymore, but brighter.

No amount of expensive mirrors is going to help this.
:whazzat:

hi every body iam new in this forum and i want to add some information about this freak kind of projector i think there was an error on the form how the people listen the information and transmit to another making a link of errors and malinformation maybe. the fact is i study the how is work this project and appear like a new kind of projector (original one used in conference rooms) one who don't need the lamp behind the projector i let a link of a projector construccion :http://www.audiovisualizers.com/madlab/lcd_proj.htm
but i think is wrong because dont say anything about a 1 fresnel lens and a mirror behind the lcd joined both at the bottom
i let a drawing of the new kind of that projetor and how is work
and i think some body belive they can do it .
was only my opinion and i don't want hurt anybody thanks

sorry for my english
http://www.audiovisualizers.com/madlab/lcd_proj.htm
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Attachments

• new kind of proyector.jpg
    new kind of proyector.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 120
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.