DIY projector Image Blur at edges

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
i am using Laptop as source for my DIY projector. basically i just want to project image to 5-6 feet not more so i found that bundled LED back light of my Laptop screen is giving OK brightness. but the problem is i am image which is perfect sharp at center and becomes blur towards edges.
my set up is as follows:
15 inch Laptop screen(as it is with increased back light)---Fresnel Lens(90% size of Laptop screen)---Plano Convex Lens(used as focuser lens 6inch diameter )---projection wall at distance of 6 feet from Laptop.

The brightness of image is good but the only issue is edges are too much blurred and washed out. only the central part of image is perfect sharp.

Please provide any solution to my problem. what combination of focuser lens should i use to get completely sharp image even at edges without loosing any details?:confused:

Thanks

Hi, The problem is with your Plano convex lens,because a convex lens or a Plano convex lens projects different colors in different wave length,so that the blur towards edges.To avoid this you have to use a triplet lens,It is combination of 3 lenses,it is otherwise known as projection lens available in different focal length,330 mm is commonly using.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.