female musicians-

YouTube

“I teach how to read music, then how to create it by moving chords around,” she says. “If you keep the time steady, then it’s all about the groove. Your timing has to be right to be able to groove. When you’re playing jazz, you’re talking to each other. It’s about statement and answer, call and response.”

Ike Turner tried call and response with Kaye — one time. She was young and gorgeous and Ike had rep as a ladies’ man. He had no idea she was a musician. Ike was working his Danelectro six-string guitar “and I was staring at his different style of playing and he sauntered over and started flirting with me.

“I picked up a guitar and played a whole lot of bebop and Ike had a look on his face like he had gotten shot. He respected me after that.

“Ike kept his money in a black bag. He would pay us in cash, usually a stack of $5 bills. I was married a second time and called my husband one night and told him I wouldn’t be home ‘til 2 a.m., ‘cause we were still recording with Ike. He hung up on me. When I got home, I woke my husband up by throwing all those $5 bills on him. He wasn’t mad anymore.”

Last edited:
Been getting into the Finnish band Nightwish recently.
I like Anette Olzon's voice.
YouTube

I love Nightwish. Older nightwish with Tarja was good too, but Annete is very good.

I have a thing for metal/rock/alternative with female singers. Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Within Temptation, etc. I also really, really like Garbage, but it has a different sound for sure.

Where are the voutube videos "Jazz Guitar Lessons with Emily Remler"

one of the best guitar player in jazz: Emily Remler - unfortunately no longer with us

Emily Remler Bebop and Swing Guitar - YouTube
Emily Remler - Tenor Madness - YouTube
You Know What I'm Saying - YouTube
The first URL is no longer available.

Unfortunately also not on other portals like
Page not found | BREW LITE's JAZZ TALES
Only this:
Emily Remler Jazz Guitar Licks

Maybe one of the members have save this video file and can send me via email attachment:
kirschner-hifi (at) web.de
Or an DVD about this is available. But where ?
thank you very much.

Last edited: