female musicians-

Attachments

• sphinx5.jpg
    sphinx5.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 292
Jim Shearer said:
Lara Fabian

Whether in English, French or Italian...

I'm told she's more popular in Qubec and Europe than here in the US.

love her latest: 9

http://www.amazon.com/9-Lara-Fabian...9676764?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1182028936&sr=1-3

Cheers, Jim

Yes! I love Lara, her latest DVD, "Un Regard 9", has been in my player regularly for months now.

I first heard her singing the theme song at the end of "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within", everyone else left the theater when the credits started rolling, I was still sitting there alone listening to the song.

She's had a hard time breaking into the US market for some reason. She did an english language album a couple of years ago(A Wonderful Life) which was quite good, but after poor European sales it's US release was cancelled.

If her label were smart they'd arrange to have her do a PBS special, I think that would get a pretty good American fanbase started for her.

As I understand it, Sony declared "A Wonderful Life" a commercial failure (no surprise, as I don't think they did anything to promote it,) then the record deal collapsed & Lara went to France, got a new writing partner and started over. I fear there won't be anymore English albums.:bawling:

Not being a HT type, I never thought to look for her on DVD. Thanks for the tip!:D

Cheers, Jim