Your favorite live rock CD?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got a million live albums, but i think my copy of Alice in Chains unplugged on MTV sounds pretty amazing and is my favorite of the lot....it was really mixed well, and sounds great on my system.
Honorable mention goes to:

MC5 - kick out the jams

the who - live at leeds

nirvana - unplugged in NY

I totally forgot about this one. Unplugged in NY is one of the better live recordings I've heard and quite different from other Nirvana albums. Very melodic and acoustic. So if you you even don't like the band I strongly recommend this one.:up:

Attachments

• ni.jpg
    ni.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 727
In no particular order

Little Feat - Waiting For Columbus
Lynyrd Skynyrd - One More From The Road.
Richard Clapton - Best Years of Our Lives
Supertramp - Paris
Dave Matthews Band - Live At Red Rocks/Listener Supported
Parliament - Live: P-Funk Earth Tour
Eagles - Live

.......not rock, but......
Bob Marley - Live
Emmylou Harris - Spyboy
James Taylor - Live (1993)

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Peter Daniel said:
I totally forgot about this one. Unplugged in NY is one of the better live recordings I've heard and quite different from other Nirvana albums. Very melodic and acoustic. So if you you even don't like the band I strongly recommend this one.:up:

Great live cd! I really like the way that it is done. It is much different from their other cds, which I like also. This is my favorite live cd. I like the Eric Clapton unplugged also, as it has a lot of emotion in it.

--
Brian

Rock Blues Must Have.....

Johnny Winter Captured Live - 1976 is a red hot classic.
Highway 61 just cooks, and great drum solo stuff too.

"Here's another classic from the archives. Recorded in 1976, this is one of my all time favorite live recordings. Johnny is simply smokin' on this CD. The audio quality is very good and really captures the powerful sound of a live performance in a large outdoor venue. "

Sound sample links

Eric.

Attachments

• capturedlive.jpg
    capturedlive.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 608
Hi all,

damn, I totally missed this thread!! Now I'll throw in my share:

Peter Daniel said:

I also like the "Unplugged in NY" Show/ album, but I think it should be mentioned, that Kurt Cobains first 6 minutes of singing performance are rather awful! And that isn't my subjective opinion, because anybody not being totally deaf will agree.
But the rest of it is sure worth hearing, "Man who sold the world" and "Dumb" make me almost cry every time I listen to them!

I'd like to know what he'd taken before the show that made him so groggy. :D :drunk: :hypno1: :tilt:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.