Your favorite live rock CD?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'll second Hell Freezes Over. I save the concert in Houston and the CD still gives me goosebumps on the Joe walsh songs.

Try older Crash Test Dummies studio stuff. Roberts obviously has "Issues". I love his baritone voice blurting out is odd contemplations (A Worms Life and God Shuffeled His Feet)

also any of the Jimmy Buffet live albums.

I know, some of you can't get past the 70's thying to please corprate recording profesionals studio stuff. I too think it sucks.

Um, quite a few. MTV unplugged (back when they still played music, remember?) gave me two of my favourite live albums: Nirvana's and AIC's unplugged concerts. I just ran Alice in chain's on the background as i haven't listened it in quite a while and i suddenly reminded how much i liked this CD. The mix, guitars and voices are just perfect, and you gotta admire how the band took the edgy grunge songs and turned them into mellow ballads.

Highlights: "Brother", "Nutshell", "No excuses" & "Over now".

:: G3: Live in Concert ::

roadkill said:
Still can't think of a favourite, but "G3 Live" comes close. "Attitude Song" is a good one.

The summit meeting of Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and Eric Johnson was a dream come true for guitar fanatics, and surprisingly, it actually met expecations.

Attachments

• g3 - live.jpg
    g3 - live.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 250
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.