Now Playing + What are you listening to?

Glenn, if your avatar indicates your own musical specialty, perhaps you’ve heard of the young German gal Sina Doering. I think y’all could waste a couple of hours watching her numerous YouTube videos - I sure just did. In-a-Gadda-Vida and Come Together were the most recent.

Clearly, not cured of the YouTube illness quite yet - I know, maybe I just need more cowbell - which is what baby sisters are for, after all.
YouTube

Last edited:
Glenn, if your avatar indicates your own musical specialty, perhaps you’ve heard of the young German gal Sina Doering. I think y’all could waste a couple of hours watching her numerous YouTube videos - I sure just did. In-a-Gadda-Vida and Come Together were the most recent.

Clearly, not cured of the YouTube illness quite yet - I know, maybe I just need more cowbell - which is what baby sisters are for, after all.
YouTube

Cool! I love seeing more female drummers...there aren't enough. Yes, Chris, my avatar is what I have stuck with. I started on piano at 7, played tuba and Sousaphone all through school, and then the drums took a hold on me. I just do weekend warrior gigs now. Here's a clowning video with a bass player buddy of mine . Hope you dig it. Glenn. YouTube

YouTube

YouTube

Ah ah great! That's the type of music I used to listen in the 90's and I got a hundred of cassette tapes that I made recording from the radio. So history has cycles! Now I moved to classical with acoustic instruments that is more pleasant to my soul, nonetheless yesterday I put Converting Vegetarians at full volume :cool:

But I feel more comfortable by listening to them ( maybe those were the men behind the radio I used to grab music from...as they are from my city!)) as the video appeared on the side menu of the previous YT video (999999999)

YouTube

Analog wins again!
:fight:

Ahmad Jamal - Ahmad Jamal's Alhambra (1961), DSD64, Verve Reissues 2013

Ladies & gentlemen...

Ahmad Jamal - Ahmad Jamal's Alhambra (1961), DSD64, Verve Reissues 2013

Ahmad Jamal-Ahmad Jamals Alhambra-DSD Single Rate 28MHz64fs Download|Acoustic Sounds

71ypKEQ763L._SL1500_.jpg

DR Peak RMS Duration Track
----------------------------------------------------------------------
DR15 -4.26 dB -23.74 dB 5:05 01-We Kiss in a Shadow
DR17 -5.78 dB -27.83 dB 4:00 02-Sweet and Lovely
DR15 -7.81 dB -26.40 dB 3:59 03-The Party's Over
DR14 -6.34 dB -24.80 dB 4:02 04-Love For Sale
DR15 -6.24 dB -29.41 dB 2:36 05-Snow Fall
DR16 -5.06 dB -24.15 dB 7:49 06-Broadway
DR16 -4.05 dB -27.43 dB 4:00 07-Willow Weep For Me
DR15 -5.95 dB -25.65 dB 3:52 08-Autumn Leaves
DR15 -6.15 dB -25.94 dB 4:28 09-Isn't It Romantic
DR15 -6.45 dB -27.59 dB 2:25 10-The Breeze And I
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Number of tracks: 10
Official DR value: DR15

CD, 2018

AHMAD JAMAL - Ahmad Jamal's Alhambra - Amazon.com Music

IMPRESSIVE sound!!!

Attachments

• Ahmad-Jamal-Ahmad-Jamals-Alhambra-DSD64-cover.jpg
    Ahmad-Jamal-Ahmad-Jamals-Alhambra-DSD64-cover.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 28
One of the All-Time-Best Recordings, Captured by Needle Drop Direct to DSD!

There's something magical about a vinyl needle drop transfer. We've always loved capturing our favorite LPs this way so that we can take them on the go. But a mint RTI virgin vinyl pressing, mastered by Bernie Grundman, of one of the greatest live jazz recordings of all time? Captured straight to DSD by the foremost DSD engineer Gus Skinas? Using a VPI Direct turntable, a Koetsu Onyx phono cartridge and a Pass XP-25 phono preamp? Well, we may have on our hands the finest needle drop ever. And you can have it too!

Ahmad Jamal's Alhambra, recorded live in June 1961 by engineer Ron Malo (the same man who recorded the classic Muddy Waters/Folk Singer), might not be as famous or well-known as Bill Evans' Waltz For Debby, but it belongs in the same class. This is such a beautiful performance and perfect recording that it by rights should be an all-time audiophile classic. And as a DSD, hi-res download, it's finally got its chance to get its due. Featuring the incomparable Ahmad Jamal on piano, Israel Crosby on bass and Vernel Fournier on drums, this is as intimate and detailed a live recording as exists. You're in the room!

In lieu of a transfer from the master tapes for this jewel, we figured the next-best option was a needle drop using a perfectly dialed-in rig (set up by our audio expert Chad Stelly) and the transfer touch of Gus Skinas of the Super Audio Center. The mint LP was played for the very first time for the transfer. The results are breathtaking. In fact, we feel this is among the best sounding files on our Super HiRez site. Have a listen!

"Gents, just a quick word to say that I'm bloody impressed with the brilliant job that you did with the transfer of the LP of Ahmad Jamal's Alhambra to DSD. Damned fine work! Congratulations to Gus and all of you who made this happen...More, please!" - Dr. David W. Robinson, Editor-in-Chief, Positive Feedback Online

"Taken from what were probably bassist Israel Crosby's final recordings with pianist Ahmad Jamal (14 months before the bassist's unexpected death), this (disc) features the classic version of Jamal's Trio (with drummer Vernell Fournier) playing live at the leader's short-lived Chicago club. The interplay between the musicians was often magical, as can be heard on such numbers as 'We Kiss In a Shadow,' 'Love for Sale,' 'Broadway' and 'Isn't It Romantic.'" - AllMusic

Antonio Carlos Jobim - Wave

Antonio Carlos Jobim - Wave (1967), Vinyl, A&M Records, US

Antonio Carlos Jobim - Wave (1967, Vinyl) | Discogs

R-3044240-1327135272.jpeg.jpg

DR Peak RMS Duration Track
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DR11 -3.01 dB -17.34 dB 2:58 01-Wave
DR12 -1.76 dB -17.70 dB 5:08 02-The Red Blouse
DR11 -1.95 dB -16.72 dB 2:20 03-Look To the Sky
DR11 -1.28 dB -16.60 dB 3:15 04-Batidinha
DR11 -0.72 dB -16.05 dB 2:06 05-Triste
DR10 -3.73 dB -17.20 dB 2:24 06-Mojave
DR10 -5.75 dB -19.46 dB 2:53 07-Dialogo
DR11 -3.43 dB -18.15 dB 2:45 08-Lamento
DR11 -7.33 dB -20.55 dB 3:12 09-Antigua
DR12 -3.42 dB -18.27 dB 4:32 10-Captain Bacardi
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Number of tracks: 10
Official DR value: DR11

CD, 1993

ANTONIO CARLOS JOBIM - Wave - Amazon.com Music