Now Playing + What are you listening to?

Was in a coffee shop this morning when "I'm Going Home" from the Woodstock soundtrack popped up on the background music. Talk about flashback - geeze, but Alvin could shred pretty good for a bluesman - but not the world's best vocalist. :D
YouTube

Currently "Blooz, first Thaing dis moanin' "- Ive said this before, but who doesn't love some greasy 'bone slidin?

Last edited:
Had a great vinyl morning and digging a bit deeper into the collection, I found this which hasn’t been spun for a while -

EdTfynNh.jpg

I have the late John Peel to thank for discovering Earl Bostic. Peel’s relationship to Bostic is detailed here - Earl Bostic | John Peel Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Every once and a while whatever algorithm YouTube employs to populate your suggestions turns up a gem and the most recent one for me was Tori Kelly - started with a couple of unrehearsed duets with the artist whom I consider to be the best and as of yet most under-appreciated musician on network broadcasts- Jon Batiste - but that’s another story.

YouTube

Start there, and I challenge you to not link to at least a few more. I was particularly amused by comments on one of the videos comparing her performances on the same song with those by Ariana Grande. I’m sorry, but as appealing as AG may be to a certain demographic, can you see her performing a live duet with Andrea Bocelli and a symphony orchestra?

I happen to be a live and let live atheist, but anyone with a set of ears and eyes can’t help but be impressed by her talent and integrity for not selling out to the soul consuming meat grinder that is the popular musical industry.