Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Music A place to discuss the thing we are doing all this other stuff for

Now Playing + What are you listening to?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th July 2013, 03:45 PM   #3951
Gyuri is offline Gyuri  Hungary
diyAudio Member

That's good, I like it.
Thanks for the tip.
But this is too hilarious to me for now.

I will remain with Bach:
J. S. Bach - Chorale Prelude, BWV 622 - G. Weinberger - YouTube
Emotional Induction in J. S. Bach's 'O Mensch, bewein dein Sunde gross' BWV 622 | Mesa | Mosaic: Journal of Music Research
Old 6th July 2013, 06:22 PM   #3952
diyAudio Member

Walter Kraft plays Bach's organ music now.

Last edited by Gyuri; 6th July 2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 6th July 2013, 06:48 PM   #3953
acurus is offline acurus  United States
diyAudio Member

Click the image to open in full size.

Lee Ritenour - Wes Bound / 1993
Old 7th July 2013, 12:44 AM   #3954
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

The Exotic Moods of Les Baxter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lesbaxter.jpg (33.5 KB, 48 views)
Old 7th July 2013, 03:27 AM   #3955
gootee is offline gootee  United States
diyAudio Member

You won't find them to listen to on line (except for three from the other side of the LP), but eBay and Amazon here still have used LP copies, for $3 or $4. I have bought several copies, just as backups.

Nonesuch Records, H 71144, BACH: 2- & 3-part Inventions (complete), George Malcolm on harpsichord

I wore out the side with the fifteen three-part inventions, on my original LP.

I have almost every other version of those and none come anywhere close to these as played by George Malcolm. I could not possibly recommend this strongly-enough.

When I finally acquire a good turntable again, I will try to digitize them and post them on line.
Old 7th July 2013, 06:38 AM   #3956
sofaspud is offline sofaspud  United States
diyAudio Member

I prefer this over the exotica stuff, but that Baxter's album has a way cooler cover.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LoveUltd.jpg (61.7 KB, 40 views)
Old 7th July 2013, 06:47 PM   #3957
diyAudio Member

Christmas is far from now yet, but Lionel Rogg plays J.S. Bach Chorals de Noel
for me.
Yes of course I know George Malcolm.
George Malcolm featured on the radio a lot in our country at that time.
Unfortunately I do not have recordings with him.
You heard some recordings of Zuzana Růžičková?
Old 7th July 2013, 11:32 PM   #3958
gootee is offline gootee  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyuri View Post
Christmas is far from now yet, but Lionel Rogg plays J.S. Bach Chorals de Noel
for me.
Yes of course I know George Malcolm.
George Malcolm featured on the radio a lot in our country at that time.
Unfortunately I do not have recordings with him.
That particular Nonesuch Records LP has special magic. But don't worry because I will make WAV files for you!

Quote:
You heard some recordings of Zuzana Růžičková?
Never! I do not even recognize the name.

You will be happy, in a way, that there are probably many things I have never heard of. And I hope that I will still get to experience them.

For me, sadly, age 18 and 1975 were in some ways like the stopping point of much of my personal musical and literary development. Luckily, for me, I had been a voracious reader and music lover and musician, already. In August of 1975 I went to a very large university to study electrical engineering and I devoted myself to mostly only that for five years. I discovered that mathematics was as beautiful as women and music. However, I still listened to music constantly, and did buy a fair number of new LPs, during that period (including H 71144, and all of my Kansas and Yes LPs, and many others). Then I spent a little over three years in an aerospace job, with evenings and weekends spent mostly in various young women, and some disco clubs. No new music or books at all. I even totally ignored a new thing called "music videos". After that, I met my future wife and we started a software company and worked 16 hours a day, seven days a week, for about fifteen years, and had three kids. Almost no new music or books at all, then, either, and no movies or videos. But we were very happy. Then she got cancer and died horribly 10.5 months later at age 44 and I became mostly non-functional for some years, drank too much, became very poor, and raised three kids alone, and refurbished test equipment to pay off 0.25M USD of remaining bills. Finally I took to heart that she would want me to try to be happy and thrive, and with the support of a wonderful girlfriend, I finally "took the plunge" and got another real engineering job, six years ago. And it is an absolutely-great and very-motivating job, working with great people, in an extremely-well-equipped environment, with high pay. A few years ago, I finally had time to realize that my life was relatively stable and there was not a shortage of money. So I decided to update my audio system and, later, also my music collection. "I'm back!". It was a very long trip and while it was probably necessary, and much was gained, much was also sacrificed and lost. But now I am back. I feel like I met and was welcomed back by a part of me that had been patiently waiting for my return. I am different, now. But I am still the same, too.

I do still need a turntable, for all of my old LPs. And I need lots more recordings. Your suggestions will be extremely helpful. I will also eventually go back and review most of this thread, and maybe some others like it. But any "best" or "must-have" lists of CDs or LPs that you or anyone could suggest would be appreciated, very much. (But I guess maybe, technically, that's a different thread.)

Last edited by gootee; 7th July 2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 8th July 2013, 08:01 AM   #3959
Dude111 is offline Dude111
diyAudio Member

Im listening to my The Band Record

Current Song: Across the great divide
Old 9th July 2013, 07:48 PM   #3960
M Gregg is offline M Gregg  England
Account disabled at member's request

The doors..

LA Woman

The Doors - LA Woman - YouTube

Riders on the storm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS-af9Q-zvQ

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited by M Gregg; 9th July 2013 at 07:57 PM.

Now Playing + What are you listening to?Hide this!Advertise here!