reggae music

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Steele Pulse - I have their Revolution dub 45 - now that has bass.

Big Youth - I used to wake up Sint Mariastraat in the Oude West, Rotterdam ghetto every Saturday morning in 79/80 with one of their LPs.

Burning Spear, Tommy McCook, Dennis Bovell, Linton Kwesi Johnson - the first and the best rapper - Forces Of Victory - check it out.

Reggae

Hi
Love that period of time, 1975 till 1983, Gregory Isaacs, Burning Spear, Cimarons, Steel Pulse, got loads of that, still play it a lot, nice memories!
Did see concerts of Bob Marley in Rotterdam and The Hague, in Rotterdam Steel Pulse was the side gig, they were really good!
Cheers, Tojoko.

Charles,
that's really mean, I live in a country that, unless your lucky enough to live near a Brit built micro brewery has only crap commercial beer.

I've met so many French that have visited/worked in the UK and rave about 'real ale'. Oh how I miss - Summer Lightning, Pale Rider a good IPA and the now defunct King & Barnes Festive please dont' bring this beer thing up again.

tojoko - in the autumn/winter of 78 at the Suite in Brighton there were great Reggae bands that played every Friday night for 9 weeks. Best period of music in my life. The Third World gig was the best sounding gig I have ever been to, their sound engineer was in a permanent state of sartori. Also agree with your time frame but for me in began in 68 - 80.

The young in France listen an awful lot to a really crap version of Reggae - monotonous and boring. I made a list of 'real' Reggae for a bunch of young guys to check out on You Tube - they raved over it. Now they all want the record fairs to start up again so they can get their hands on the real thing.

Right now the sun is shining and the weather is sweet --.

If you want good beer you need to head east. Either to Germany or preferably the Czech Republic. In Germany there are about 1300 breweries producing over 5000 different beers, almost all are local.
Same is true for the Czech Republic with 500 breweries (1/8th the population of Germany and the only people who drink more beer per capita than the Germs).
So you might get a beer in one place, drive 15km and same beer is impossible to buy.