Reel to Reel tape sources

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Yeah, crazy $$$. I have heard the Tape Source tapes at a couple of shows. I was impressed. I think Kevin is less so.

FWIW, I used to have a copy of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy taken from the master tape at the BBC. It was good, but a little unnecessary. :)

the buzz about it's current resurgence

I believe people are tired of the "loudness war" and becoming fat from not standing up to operate switches & knobs. Music is too perfect. No noises, no pops or clicks, no wow & flutter, no head cleaning, no tape eating....
Vintage gear needs to play in order not to rust and nowadays You just use a phone or a tablet. It's like a classic car. You have to drive it on a sunny day.

One of these days I was listening to a Supertramp LP & my nephew asked me "How do you know where to position the needle. Where does the track begin ?"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.