Ennio Morricone R.I.P

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm 64 and happy to state that in all my years the second biggest travesty in music (after Eric Clapton doing Little Wing on that Layla LP) is finding that Il Triello (The Trio) on the original CD cuts off abruptly at 5.00!

Why did they do that? It goes on for another 2.21 glorious minutes here:
YouTube

The best OST european compositor

Ennio Morricone was the best european film music compositor, but all his music will be with us forever!
He is a big simbol in Italy and I have admired Ennio's music since my adolescence

Big guitar version of "C'era una volta in America" from maestro Ennio Morricone:

YouTube

Other performance of same guitar player:

YouTube

Last edited:
His work with his school friend Sergei Leone would be enough but that was only a fraction of what he did. Unbelievable talent in my opinion he ranks along with the greatest composers of the past.

His music and Sergio's directing blew the Americans out of the water. So much more realistic of the west. Who else could transfer opera to westerns, simply incredible. I have been to land where the trilogy was made - the atmosphere was still intense and that was 1968 - molte grazie Ennio.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.