R.I.P. Bill Withers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What is there to say?

I’m thinking this is gonna be a very long month, and we’ll al need someone to lean on

I took a ride to the country today and cranked Bill live at Carnegie Hall. I turned a younger girlfriend on to Bill, and she will be a fan for life. Bill will live on through his brilliant music, and his magnetic personality, wit, and charm...at least in our hearts, if not the physical plane. My favorite bass player that I play with idolizes Bill, and I did too. Soooo much loss and sadness permeating all around each and every one. I hope for safety and health to all. All this loss really has made me take such long, deep looks , into everything that matters, and how easily it is to take them for granted. I am trying to be mindfully thankful every damn day. Glenn.

So sad. Years ago I was fortunate enough to hear Bill live at the Greek Theater open air venue in Berkeley. His performance was simply masterful moving easily from piano to guitar and flawless vocals. It's a show I have never forgotten even up to the little side comments he made to the Lighting guy to "keep up with him" moving around the stage. And OMG what wonderful heartfelt lyrics he gave us. Time to sit and have a good cry listening one more time to Grandma's Hands.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.