Boy, classical sure is primitive compared to Rap, eh?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not just rap that all sounds the same anymore. Ever notice how many R&B “singers” sound like a Speak & Spell? Just speak the words into a mic, and play it back through your midi sequencer. Everyone sounds like the same cheap Casio keyboard. So many are doing it now that it’s no longer particularly interesting or creative.

We were doing DJ “battles” back in 1982 in high school. Complete with white rap, which was for various reasons referred to as “Knight Crap”. Long before Eminem. And no guns, no bombs, no errors. None of us ever really took it seriously either, or really considered it “music”.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Not just rap that all sounds the same anymore. Ever notice how many R&B “singers” sound like a Speak & Spell? Just speak the words into a mic, and play it back through your midi sequencer. Everyone sounds like the same cheap Casio keyboard. So many are doing it now that it’s no longer particularly interesting or creative.

We were doing DJ “battles” back in 1982 in high school. Complete with white rap, which was for various reasons referred to as “Knight Crap”. Long before Eminem. And no guns, no bombs, no errors. None of us ever really took it seriously either, or really considered it “music”.
I feel ya man, that Tchaikovsky 1812 kabumba didn't help much either. Way ahead of it's time, eh?:(

Don't watch English or Australian movies either. Can't understand where they learned to speak English?
The problem, for you, is that they speak English rather vocalise every thought passing through their brain and they also don't think they are the central character in some half-arsed movie or TV show.

There is an American women in Melbourne who walks her dog in the same park who tells stories of her taking the p15s mercilessly out of other Americans with tales of kangaroos and koalas. Even I feel sorry for those she torments.

There is some rap/Hip-Hop that is creative, well-produced and unique. I've certainly heard it, though I couldn't name any artists off the top of my head. It's still not my thing, but I have lots of respect for it.

Most of the generic rap is no worse than most new pop music. I personally feel that a lot of new music is too processed. It may be mathematically perfect, but that is why it sounds the same. There's a little too much digital signal processing and not enough human. Art is supposed to be unique and imperfect, and I think we're lacking that in a lot of modern recordings. Sometimes it is used to hide the fact that someone has no real talent, sometimes it just ends up squeezing the life out of what would have otherwise been a great record.

Most of what I listen to is rock. It's what I enjoy the most. I've never been a huge classical or jazz guy, though I will admit that I can find enjoyment in that kind of music.

I can think of less pleasant things to listen to than rap. The song "Mr. Mistoffelees" from the Cats soundtrack comes to mind...

Last edited:
LOL! Proper English?
When someone from Retardistan (a term shamelessly stolen from an Australian YouTuber) says 'Kiss my as5', we wonder why they would want someone to be amorous with an equine.
When someone from the aforementioned says 'They are p15sed', we wonder why they claim a person is drunk when they don't appear so.

As I posted earlier, watch English comedy to see the stark differences in language and humour.

As I posted earlier, watch English comedy to see the stark differences in language and humour.

UK knock me up in the morning =Knock on my door to get me put of bed in the morning
America Knock me up. Get someone pregnant.
UK faggot = a meat ball.
America faggot = a gay person.
UK rubber = pencil eraser.
America rubber = condom.

Well, that explains the difference in lyrics between the US/UK versions of Money For Nothing.

Money for nothing was written in the USA after talking to some delivery men who installed microwave ovens who complained the guys in the band got chicks for free. The only reference I could find to the faggot was one of the members of the Motley Crew. The little trucker is a millionaire.
"Money for nothing" was banned in some USA and Canadian radio stations because of its references.

Used to have faggots (meat balls) as a kid in the 1960's.

A fanny bag in the USA refers to an item for holding things around the bottom.
A fanny in the UK refers to a vagina.

I just figured Nigel was using “trucker” because the word for meatball might bring down the wrath of one of the mods.... and end this just as it’s getting good. I see that it’s been let go longer than I would have expected.

I’m not sure I would have used the word “trucker” because we might not be frusted to pronounce the T properly.

I just figured Nigel was using “trucker” because the word for meatball might bring down the wrath of one of the mods.... and end this just as it’s getting good. I see that it’s been let go longer than I would have expected.

I’m not sure I would have used the word “trucker” because we might not be frusted to pronounce the T properly.

I have heard various versions of the song from original MTV version through to the various concerts Dire Straits and later Mark Knopfler have done.
The words to "Money for nothing" have been toned down a bit over the years depending on audience. Hence my none standard original use of lyrics.
The Fa word is more none politically correct now and we are more tolerant of gays.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Does someone notice NigelWhright7557 is doing rap since few posts ?

Anyway, americans talk from the nose... which is sounding a little vulgar for an european ear (Queen's english despite she is from Germany i svery elegant for latin ears), it seems clear to me they invented the rasp !

However, because there is an However, it is impossible not to love The Beach Boys when using Bach melody and Beatles references in Pet Sounds...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.