electronic music

TANGERINE DREAM - Ricochet (Live at Coventry Cathedral-1975) on Vimeo

My prefered live from my teenager age I was.
Tangerine Dream music start at 2min50' after introduction.
Lots of modular sythesizers

This is on one of the discs (Blu-ray) in the 'In Search of Hades' box set I mentioned earlier in the thread; I watch it last night. On the same disc is a Steve Wilson mix of 'Ricochet' in HD 5.1 which was a very enjoyable, and immersive, listen - certainly one of the better surround sound pieces of music I own!

Prices for this set appear to be climbing so don't hold off too long if you are a TD fan.

This is a very accomplished album, played it this morning prior to the dreaded scourge aka work -

R-10993901-1507901107-7022.jpeg.jpg

Sample here -

YouTube

Last edited:
Great thread. Quite a few things for me to have a look at.

Off the top of my head, a couple of things other people may be interested in having a look/listen at/to.

(Why do we say "listen to" but "look at"?)

Orb - Orbus Terrarum. Their Ultraworld album gets loads of attention but I think Orbus Terrarum is their best, to date.
Pete Namlook and Klaus Schulze - Dark Side of the Moog. There's 11 volumes with names based on Pink Floyd records, though as far as I know the music has no relation to the band. I particularly like volume 5 and volume 11.
Autechre's Chiastic Slide album knocked me for six when I first heard it.
Plaid have many superb albums, their latest "Polymer" is not a disappointment.

Cheers

I stumbled down the Sovietwave rabbit hole several months ago quite by accident. I have become bored by the same old sounds from the same old synth presets played over and over again by the usual pop, rock and prog bands. It seems that so few musicians ever wander past the standard preset sounds in their synths.

I often roam YouTube looking for something different. Some of the old Soviet era synths have a different character to their sounds, hence several days wasted listening to them.

I had never heard of Little Tragedies. They seem to be a unique prog rock sound, and the first time I have heard a Hammond organ sound from a Soviet era band.....Were Hammonds available then or did the Soviets have a clone?

I haven't explored your other bands yet.

I don't think these guys have been mentioned yet. If you liked ELP.....Lucky Girl starts at the 35 minute mark.

YouTube