Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Music A place to discuss the thing we are doing all this other stuff for

electronic music
electronic music
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th May 2019, 09:51 AM   #21
tapestryofsound is offline tapestryofsound  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroZon View Post
I have my iPad connected to a full size 61 key midi controller and a Focusrite Scarlet 214 interface. (You have to use a powered USB hub to make it all work.) It sounds great.

I have Cubasis for a DAW, and it has a few good built in synth and drum apps, especially Micrologue. I have several synth apps. My favorites are iPolySix, iSem, Sunrizer, and Layr - a really powerful sample based synth. I also have Ravenscroft 275, a very realistic grand piano app.

I need a few more, but I'll wait until Korg has their next sale. I want to get iMonoPoly and Module which is their piano, electric piano, and organ app. It's really good but ends up costing about $80 when you add everything to it. They should have a half price sale soon.
Sounds like you have put a lot of thought and commitment into your music studio setup.

There is one synth app you might want to look at called 'Virtual ANS' that enables you to finger paint sonograms and convert them into music, or convert photographs into musical sonograms. Very very powerful, with unlimited experimental potential. It's terrestrial counterpart was used by Andrei Tarkovsky in Mirror, Stalker, and Solaris.

Here is the link:- WarmPlace.ru. Virtual ANS Spectral Synthesizer
Old 20th May 2019, 05:53 PM   #22
e3k is offline e3k
diyAudio Member

thanks you inspired me i have now installed RB 338 for nostalgic reasons. also lets see what the kids do it
Old 21st May 2019, 10:03 AM   #23
picowallspeaker is offline picowallspeaker  Italy
diyAudio Member

YouTube
Old 21st May 2019, 08:42 PM   #24
Tubelab_com is offline Tubelab_com  United States
diyAudio Member

Here is mine....

YouTube
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1210718_x.jpg (709.8 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg P1210979_x.jpg (692.7 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg P1280999_x.jpg (675.4 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg P1300470_x.jpg (633.7 KB, 119 views)
Old 21st May 2019, 09:19 PM   #25
billshurv is offline billshurv  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

electronic music
Hang on, that's two pictures of George in a row wearing a shirt! can't be right :P
Old 21st May 2019, 11:00 PM   #26
AstroZon is offline AstroZon  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubelab_com View Post
Here is mine....

YouTube
Cool!
Old 21st May 2019, 11:15 PM   #27
Jim the Oldbie is offline Jim the Oldbie  United States
diyAudio Member

One thing about electronic music I've only recently discovered: Once the audio system reaches a certain level of transparency, even synthesized sounds take on a character, a texture that I can only describe as natural and organic. It's rather delightful, and one of the main reasons I haven't made any changes to my setup for an unusually long time now - I haven't experienced this particular effect before, and I don't want to screw something up and lose it!
Old 22nd May 2019, 04:12 AM   #28
The Peasant is offline The Peasant  Canada
diyAudio Member

Here are some of my DIY synths. Lots more information and pics on my website.

Take care,
Doug
Attached Images
File Type: jpg synthbendcase.jpg (312.4 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg case3k.jpg (208.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg synthcase2.jpg (162.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg scasel.jpg (128.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg completecon.jpg (218.5 KB, 29 views)
Old 22nd May 2019, 04:17 AM   #29
The Peasant is offline The Peasant  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim the Oldbie View Post
One thing about electronic music I've only recently discovered: Once the audio system reaches a certain level of transparency, even synthesized sounds take on a character, a texture that I can only describe as natural and organic. It's rather delightful, and one of the main reasons I haven't made any changes to my setup for an unusually long time now - I haven't experienced this particular effect before, and I don't want to screw something up and lose it!
Yes, you are actually hearing how these instruments *really* sound. The more transparent your system the more that the beauty of these machines can usually be heard.

Take care,
Doug
Old 22nd May 2019, 06:21 AM   #30
KaffiMann is offline KaffiMann  Norway
Fanatic
diyAudio Member

electronic music
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim the Oldbie View Post
This is the reason I love synthesizers, so much good sound, so much fun to provoke differences between systems. If you get the right tuning and distortion it will never sound the same on two setups.
Completely opposite goal of the music industry - "Most small speakers can in some instances manage to sound okay between 100hz and 8khz, so let's go for max output in that range!"

electronic musicHide this!Advertise here!