Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Music A place to discuss the thing we are doing all this other stuff for

electronic music
electronic music
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th June 2019, 03:52 AM   #121
Jim the Oldbie is offline Jim the Oldbie  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazbo8 View Post
Someone just posted this: YouTube
Oh SNAP, that's a nice Aries setup. (Mine's only got 7 modules) <drool>
Old 16th June 2019, 11:18 PM   #122
tapestryofsound is offline tapestryofsound  Scotland
diyAudio Member

I have just spent a couple of days in my workshop embroiled in a further hornspeaker build and cutting heavyweight printing paper off a phat roll for a visual art show next year - and - listening to Daphne Oram’s ‘Oramics’ collection on CD of her early electronica.

At first it sounds like ‘Stockhausen meets the Clangers’, and I have never heard anything quite like it. Actually I have, from my childhood exposure to television, and dreadful underfunded early 1960’s British films. She, like many early women composers of electronica had a very hard time of it financially, and amongst other things had to resort to doing lucrative jingles for TV ads, but her compositional work using her self built Oramics light to sound synthesiser for theatre and concert performances is really quite amazing. I get the impression she was a very private person, quite fragile, and surrounded herself with trustworthy and supportive friends. Indeed, her work comes across as self contained and self referential, and that is perfectly fine by me.

The album incidentally, is on YouTube, and if listened to as an eclectic narrative of her life and work, it is a rewarding insight into a real one off. Outstanding!

Thank you billshurv

ToS

Last edited by tapestryofsound; 16th June 2019 at 11:40 PM.
Old 16th June 2019, 11:31 PM   #123
billshurv is offline billshurv  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

electronic music
I haven't managed to listen yet. Will try and find time soon.
Old 17th June 2019, 06:48 PM   #124
e3k is offline e3k
diyAudio Member

The Infinity Project - mystical experiences
Old 17th June 2019, 07:54 PM   #125
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

electronic music
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim the Oldbie View Post
This is another old-skool shout-out, but Amin Bhatia's Interstellar Suite is one of my old favorites.
Thanks for the video link, that was fun!
Old 17th June 2019, 08:59 PM   #126
Vintage Audio Projec is offline Vintage Audio Projec
diyAudio Member

Damn guys it's nice to read this topic....

I always dreamed of making my own modular synth since I was a teenager, (other kids found me kind of nerdy)..... but time & money &.... I did enjoy using soft synths (flstudio) and recording stuff... But I've also read alot on the internet etc....

So nowadays I from time to time repair those old beasts (ARP2600, roland jupiter, korg, etc....). Very rewarding.

Also nice to know that some of you guys can also enjoy some psytrance etc.... I like acoustical recordings but I also like psytrance. (nice party's also.....) Music is melody and rhytm. It can be played on acoustical instruments or on synthesizer or the combination.

Actually for the fast bass lines you need a system that can deliver some punch and has a tight bass.

One of my favorite tracks : YouTube it really makes you dance and have fun.

And this is one of my own creations Gated Didgeridoo (work in progress) by Smile-Dance-Meditate | Smile Dance Meditate | Free Listening on SoundCloud The didgeridoo I played myself and after the intro a gating effect is put on the didgeridoo. this can be doen live if needed. I like this as an example of a real instrument combined with synthesizers. It's still work in progress and just for fun. all of the tracks on my soundcloud page are just for fun.
Old 19th June 2019, 12:58 AM   #127
tapestryofsound is offline tapestryofsound  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Default Untrue by Burial

Today, I have been listening to ‘Untrue’ by Burial. There was a lot of excitement about this album back in 2007, with pundits saying it would change EDM forever. They were right. Within seconds it pulled me in and kept me completely engaged for a further three repeats. I listened to it yet again after supper, this time on headphones - just amazing. It’s transcendental trip hop mixed with ambient dub, and it portrays the monochrome ordinariness of urban London life as somewhere between extraordinarily beautiful and dangerously edgy with a truly original sonic grit.

As an album, ‘Untrue’ is full of contradictions, disturbing while reassuring, bleak yet ecstatic, with pitch bended vocals in pools of echo that are just magical in their intensity. Like Banksy, nobody knows who Burial really is, but I can say that this is music of incredible reach and power which is total in its authenticity. This is one of the best electronica albums I have ever heard, and is my best find of the year so far.

A fantastic album. ToS
Old 27th June 2019, 03:50 PM   #128
diyAudio Member

electronic music
For Tangerine dream fans 'In search of Hades' has now been released. 16CDs and more then I can afford at the moment, but on my wish list.
Old 3rd July 2019, 07:10 AM   #129
fasterbyelan is offline fasterbyelan  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

electronic music
Ordered a few days ago, due this weekend. Looking forwards to having all the albums on CD (convenience factor) along with all the other music contained within.
Old 3rd July 2019, 09:30 AM   #130
diyAudio Member

electronic music
Hi Karl,

Hope you like it. I am always slightly worried when people I know splash £100+ based on my postings

electronic musicHide this!Advertise here!