electronic music

If you guys are feeling up for it, I just released a new album yesterday.
Would really appreciate it if you checked it out. :)

Links to spotify and official release in my sig, but here it is anyway in case something changes:
Official release on Sliptrick Records
Also on Spotify or Dynamic 24bit/96khz

Trying to make some videos for the tunes, not the greatest quality, but helps putting it into context.
YouTube

Thank you. :)

ThunderWave

Speaking of electronic music and DIY, I have posted my latest project on my website, the ThunderWave percussion ribbon controller:

YouTube

Complete project information including build guides and schematic is here:

The Electronic Peasant's ThunderWave Controller Page

Comments, questions, and suggestions all welcome!

Take care,
Doug

Attachments

• thunder1.jpg
    thunder1.jpg
    546.5 KB · Views: 160
I built something somewhat similar a few years ago. It used a Spectra Symbol Thinpot strip that's 500 mm long for the sense element. That was mounted to a straight wood strip and connected to a Teensy 3.2 board for use as a MIDI or CV/gate ribbon controller with Ableton Live or my modular synth.

I got tired of making "theremin" sounds so I stuck a piece of foam based automotive weatherstrip to the top so I could beat on it with drum sticks. Unfortunately after about a year the weatherstrip began to turn into tiny black flakes all over the floor. Attempts to remove the weatherstrip from the Thinpot were not successful, so a rebuild is in order with a new Thinpot. This time I'll try some tubing from an exercise band and put some FSR's on the bottom.

Attachments

• THINPOT-DATA-SHEET-Rev-B.pdf
    326.8 KB · Views: 48
Those Thinpots are great for stuff like this. My SynthBend controller project uses a Softpot for the ribbon controller section:

The Electronic Peasant's SynthBend Controller Page

Learning to play a ribbon well is a skill that takes a lot of practice and patience to master. If I get lazy playing mine I turn on the quantizer that I included in the build.

The tubing will certainly help, but I would be worried about the Thinpot ribbon failing after being pummeled so hard for so long (I use mine a LOT). They're rated for over a million cycles however, so maybe it would be OK.

Take care,
Doug