electronic music

I have a "D" and a Neutron...... Right now the D is disassembled. I'm uncovering some of it's inner secrets for use in my own synth. Both the D and Neutron are Eurorack compatible....Mine will wind up in my next Eurorack cabinet.

She is alive and singing. Still a long way from "finished," but no modular synth is ever finished.

The first picture shows several blank panels, as their PCB's are in varying state of build. Last night I took stock of what's missing from each one and ordered ALL of the parts. Synthcube is currently running a 20% off sale, so I had to buy a few more modules. I wonder how long it will be before I need another case.

I have one AC power cord for power, and one USB MIDI cord from the PC to the DeepMind 12. The Deepmind breaks out USB MIDI into several channels of 5 pin DIN MIDI, so all the synths are running from the DeepMind's USB MIDI cable.

Attachments

• P3350135_x.jpg
    P3350135_x.jpg
    861.6 KB · Views: 169
  • P3350201_x.jpg
    P3350201_x.jpg
    890.9 KB · Views: 165
While I love good electronic music and musique concrete, I find most of it trite and boring. I think that this is because so many people have/are trying their hand at it, and much of it gets broadcast on radio, that we seem to be innundated with wandering/meaningless/directionless "compositions", often which have the tired "haunting/sinister" quality.

Francis Monkman appears with a really nice solo on Renaissance's third but first album. (Even the opening with the overdriven guitar gives me goosebumps).

Renaissance - Rajah Khan

Third album from 'Renaissance' and first with a totally new crew.
I did not recognize that until the chord changes. I heard this played on WPLO-FM, Atlanta's "underground FM" at the time, 1968-1975. These stations are chronicled in the book "Voices Of The Purple Haze." I'd love to have the playlists from WPLO.

https://www.amazon.com/Voices-Purple-Haze-Underground-Sixties/dp/0275952665

Francis Monkman appears.....

That long forgotten name sounded familiar, so I did some digging and found a plain blue record album with clouds on the cover called Curved Air, which contained this song, Backstreet Luv, that got air play on Miami's "underground" radio stations, primarilly the "Magic BUS" (WBUS-FM). Aparently the early Curved Air albums were released differently in different countries and weren't all the same.

YouTube

Does anyone remember the Cosmic Traveler on WBUS-FM? - Limestone Lounge